Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets see what you are towing!

Dave01

Reaction score
Ok thanks, didn't recognize the front end. My RX8 is the best handling car I've ever owned, they really did a good job at the factory dialing in suspension on these light chassis cars.

That trailer looks like a great blend of fun and practicality and still space for living.

sh4rkattk

Reaction score
Ok thanks, didn't recognize the front end. My RX8 is the best handling car I've ever owned, they really did a good job at the factory dialing in suspension on these light chassis cars.

That trailer looks like a great blend of fun and practicality and still space for living.
Thanks, this trailer was always the dream. Load up some cars, go to any track in America, and sleep without having to unload.

Heres a pic of the team.

Synology-Photos.jpg

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Had to accessorize the shoes on the truck and trailer… 6-8% grades and slick snow covered roads don’t lend themselves to a lot of traction at 18K GCW

D1672D84-B64B-4047-83B6-3E4EC5991E70.jpeg

BTW what is the remedy in GA. They go by GCVW on door of truck and GVWR on trailer. A 3500 DRW 14k, Toyhauler 19k, = 33k
GCVW of 3500 is 34k +. So any truck pulling a large 5th wheel and all 40’ diesel pushers are illegal to drive without a CDL? It has always made me nervous as well but law enforcement just waves and drives by. I am sure it would be a different story if an accident occurred.
This probably needs to move to a different discussion.
Numbers are off: GCVW about 44K, max trailer weight about 33K

GCVW is not a correct acronym.

The sticker in the door jam shows the GVWR, FAWR, and RAWR.

If you’re talking truck and trailer it’s GCW or GCWR. This rating isn’t printed on the truck anywhere.

Surgdoc4

Reaction score
Had to accessorize the shoes on the truck and trailer… 6-8% grades and slick snow covered roads don’t lend themselves to a lot of traction at 18K GCW

View attachment 46799

GCVW is not a correct acronym.

The sticker in the door jam shows the GVWR, FAWR, and RAWR.

If you’re talking truck and trailer it’s GCW or GCWR. This rating isn’t printed on the truck anywhere.

I realized that afterward. Thanks.

I do have a question about chains on the front. Is that now ok to do? I honestly don’t know. The last time I put chains on the front of a 4WD I broke the axle, granted that was in mid 90s and it was a Ford. Haven’t done it since.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I realized that afterward. Thanks.

I do have a question about chains on the front. Is that now ok to do? I honestly don’t know. The last time I put chains on the front of a 4WD I broke the axle, granted that was in mid 90s and it was a Ford. Haven’t done it since.

I’ve never known it to not be ok to put chains on the front, so???

What caused the axle to brake? Seems you would have had to have been spinning and then grabbed.

On back roads if I am chaining I’ll chain all 4, period. On the main roads if I have to chain, never have, I’d chain the front first. I also carry less aggressive chains for that.

FWIW, Ram claims all SRW trucks are only chainable on the rear due to clearance. I run some pretty aggressive chains and it hasn’t been an issue. On my ‘18 there was a little rubbage on the anti-sway bar, but I didn’t get that this season on the ‘22. I did over 100 miles with 4 chains on last month with multiple full lock turns thou I do try to hit full lock and back off a bit (chain or no chains).

Surgdoc4

Reaction score
Good to know. I looked it up in the manual and with dually the front and rears can be chained. Must admit when I broke the axle I was plowing a road through deep snow on a MN lake to go ice fishing.

Users who are viewing this thread