Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets see those power wagons

Andersen24

Reaction score
Well now begins the 24-hour transformation for “Walter.” Just got the BFG KM3’s installed and tonight he goes on the lift in my shop for the Thuren rear track bar, Thuren rear sway bar links, Carli rear coils, Thuren front coils, Thuren track bar and Alien radius arms, Fox shocks on all corners and a Fox 2.0 ATS steering stabilizer. Still waiting on the Dodge Off Road steering brace with a new sector shaft…….should get most of it done tonight after work……depending on how my coors light get in the way that is! I will say with the short drive from getting the tires mounted, the KM3’s are whisper quiet compared to the Duratracs and Atturo Trailblades I had on!
IMG_6813.jpegIMG_6816.jpeg

tchur1

Reaction score
Well now begins the 24-hour transformation for “Walter.” Just got the BFG KM3’s installed and tonight he goes on the lift in my shop for the Thuren rear track bar, Thuren rear sway bar links, Carli rear coils, Thuren front coils, Thuren track bar and Alien radius arms, Fox shocks on all corners and a Fox 2.0 ATS steering stabilizer. Still waiting on the Dodge Off Road steering brace with a new sector shaft…….should get most of it done tonight after work……depending on how my coors light get in the way that is! I will say with the short drive from getting the tires mounted, the KM3’s are whisper quiet compared to the Duratracs and Atturo Trailblades I had on!
View attachment 54174View attachment 54175
Truck looks awesome!

Did you have any issues balancing the KM3s? I have had KM3s on for the last 7500 miles or so and there is a subtle vibration that I cant get rid of. My tire shop (who is very good, been working with them forever) says they are perfectly balanced and cant get rid of the subtle shake.

Andersen24

Reaction score
Truck looks awesome!

Did you have any issues balancing the KM3s? I have had KM3s on for the last 7500 miles or so and there is a subtle vibration that I cant get rid of. My tire shop (who is very good, been working with them forever) says they are perfectly balanced and cant get rid of the subtle shake.
Thanks @tchur1. I only drove it 10 miles back to my house, and I can say they were smoother and quieter than my Atturo’s and DuraTrac’s. After the lift tonight and driving it more, that may change, but the initial ride I had no vibration, no nothing…..but again, it was only 10 miles on asphalt paved roads.

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
Absolutely. Truck looks great. That hydro blue is definitely awesome. I love the hood. Looks mean. My 2022 didn’t have that option. Did you tension your winch yet?
Sadly, its been so busy at work lately I've barely had a chance to play with it yet. Dragging the jeep up the driveway to tension the line and put the hook on is high on my weekend list of things to do. I also still have about 1000 different interior settings and things to play with in there too. This truck is such an amazing jump forward from my 2009 GMC. Every day I feel like I stumble on another "oh, that's cool" little thing or option I find.

wilsonck

Reaction score

So, you got all those extra parts put on yet? Lets see the after pics...

FrostedNuts

Reaction score
Great pics and beautiful truck. If I had gone with a darker color, it would have been the olive green. I haven't even owned my Powerwagon a week yet and your pics make me want to go tire shopping. I'll probably only jump to 35s, but those 33s look so small! Haha.
Thanks! It's actually the "anvil" colorway, and yes- those 33's are way too small... Not especially impressed with the Falken AT's either. Thuren coils F/R going on next week, and the jump to 37's. I just can't decide on which tire. I'd really like a year-round solution, so I may go back to the KO2's, but nothing works on ice and snow like the duratracs. If they made a 37, it'd be a no-brainer for my needs.

As it is, I suppose i could go with an agressive M/T for the summer months, and switch to the Falken AT 33's for winter, but they suck on hardpack snow and ice, braking and lateral stability is shockingly bad for a 3-Peak rated tire. Maybe it's the Load E and that they're a bit over-inflated for my rough roads here in Vermont. I also don't really want a loud tire for longer tours w/ family for camping adventures and road trips.

I bought this PW used (a '21) and have had it about 2 weeks. Loving it so far, looking forward to using it as intended!

wilsonck

Reaction score
Thanks! It's actually the "anvil" colorway, and yes- those 33's are way too small... Not especially impressed with the Falken AT's either. Thuren coils F/R going on next week, and the jump to 37's. I just can't decide on which tire. I'd really like a year-round solution, so I may go back to the KO2's, but nothing works on ice and snow like the duratracs. If they made a 37, it'd be a no-brainer for my needs.

As it is, I suppose i could go with an agressive M/T for the summer months, and switch to the Falken AT 33's for winter, but they suck on hardpack snow and ice, braking and lateral stability is shockingly bad for a 3-Peak rated tire. Maybe it's the Load E and that they're a bit over-inflated for my rough roads here in Vermont. I also don't really want a loud tire for longer tours w/ family for camping adventures and road trips.

I bought this PW used (a '21) and have had it about 2 weeks. Loving it so far, looking forward to using it as intended!

Goodyear does make a duratrac in 325/65/20. More like a 36 than a 37, but it works well.

Hooligan

Reaction score
Thread hijack, for a Pismo person, where is your go-to place to use this beast? Besides Pismo Beach (it will never be Oceano). I roam between Sac and Fresno if you ever want to hit some trails.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Ah, good old Pismo beach. Fun times there.

You can try going out to Gorman. Supposed to be some good trails out there.
Or do a little drive out to Johnson valley and hit the King of the hammers trails. :p

Kelsoff

Reaction score

I just bought the Nitto Trail Grappler M/T in 37x12.5R17 and I have been very impressed with the on road manners and lack of road noise. I'm in Texas...so I have no idea about snow performance...and never really will! Until I take it to Colorado at least. I had Milestar Patagonia on last (same size) and they were terrible in the Colorado snow...and on just about everything else too.

TrailWhale

Reaction score
67ee3e9f1c246445d9bb4a3c08a956b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread