Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let’s see your wagons with 35 and 37’s

Docwagon1776

Reaction score
Checking out some local’ish OHV trails. Those east coast trails aren’t made for a 2500

6fa5e7767a89c160e78c3126c0520e66.jpg

1961ac173ed082a5bf72414ef16a9320.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where's that at? We'll be in SC in a few weeks. I was planning to drive the car, but if there's fun to be had in the PW that may change the equation.

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
Where's that at? We'll be in SC in a few weeks. I was planning to drive the car, but if there's fun to be had in the PW that may change the equation.
Yeah, any east coast trail info would be great. I agree most stuff out here is Jeep sized at best and even then you are dragging your paint through the trees.

TrailWhale

Reaction score

Yeah, any east coast trail info would be great. I agree most stuff out here is Jeep sized at best and even then you are dragging your paint through the trees.
This was Brown Mountain OHV in NC. It's a good spot for a solid 3-5hrs of riding in a vehicle. If you have a dirtbike, atv, etc... it's a full day of fun.

PhishWagon

Reaction score
Anyone have tips for getting 35” spare mounted in the spare compartment under the PW? I’m partially deflated on the Nitto Ridge Grapplers and they still won’t fit. What a PIA! I don’t think the heat shield is the issue. Feels like the back of hitch and sway bar are just too tight to get anything bigger than 33” Up in there? Wondering if a 35” tire with less of an aggressive tread would work?

TrailWhale

Reaction score
Anyone have tips for getting 35” spare mounted in the spare compartment under the PW? I’m partially deflated on the Nitto Ridge Grapplers and they still won’t fit. What a PIA! I don’t think the heat shield is the issue. Feels like the back of hitch and sway bar are just too tight to get anything bigger than 33” Up in there? Wondering if a 35” tire with less of an aggressive tread would work?
People have squeezed 35s into the spare location. Here's one thread, I'm sure there are more examples also: https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/35-spare-tire-question.7775/

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I got mine in with full pressure.
You have to angle the tire as it goes up to get the front side up and over the track bar. Then before it seats in, you pull it back against the receiver hitch and crank it the rest of the way up. Kind of a pain doing it by yourself, but I've done it a few times now, so if this old man can do it, anyone should be able to do it.
I did trim my heat shield a little. Pics and info in my build thread in my sig line.

Lord muta

Reaction score
I got mine in with full pressure.
You have to angle the tire as it goes up to get the front side up and over the track bar. Then before it seats in, you pull it back against the receiver hitch and crank it the rest of the way up. Kind of a pain doing it by yourself, but I've done it a few times now, so if this old man can do it, anyone should be able to do it.
I did trim my heat shield a little. Pics and info in my build thread in my sig line.
I read your whole build thread.. I've got the stock one up there right now. plan on adding a 35" spare but it'll have to be a different model of tire. my Cooper STT Pro's are very wide, may not tuck up right lol.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I don't think width will be a problem, more the diameter. My BFG's measure about 34.5" actual when inflated. But about 34" actual when under load of the truck.

There is still a little room in there.

Hope you were able to learn a few things from my build thread. let's me know it was worth doing. ;)

Shocktrooper392

Reaction score
I got my 35" Toyo RT Trail to fit up in there doing the same thing Crusty did, just angle over the track bar as you crank up... that being said I did remove my heat shield. Hard to believe it really does that much as the rear resonator doesn't get that hot and isn't that close to the tire in a spot where there's little ambient air flow.
Not a ton of clearance near the track bar, but it's enough. Couple thousand miles and a few months later no issues to report, no heat shield hasn't done anything to the spare.

Desertfox73

Reaction score
Looks good. Do the Carli arms hang down lower than the factory PW arms? Or is it just my eyes playing tricks on me?
It's a visual trick - drop brackets relocate the arms further away from the bottom of the truck, but really the net result is that the truck gets pushed up, which creates the gap. Essentially, the radius arms remain in the same place and the truck goes up.

However, adding bigger wheels and tires then pushes the radius arms (and everything else) higher off the ground when compared to stock. I gain a few inches of additional clearance on the radius arms, but I gain about 6" in total height difference on the truck.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
It's perfect. A little more growl at idle and when on the gas. Nice and quiet when crusing. No drone.

Pics in my build thread.

areuriding

Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone with a 2023 Power Wagon with 35's on the stock wheel. Did I miss it?? I would like to run either 35x12.50x17 or 315x70x17. If anyone is doing this are you getting any rub and do the tires stick way out from the fender???

Soapy

Reaction score
Should not e any different from earlier PW with stock rims as far a clearance goes. 35x12.50 r17 are rated to run less air pressure and will trip the low air pressure light if you run them at correct air pressure for that tire. 315s will run at a higher pressure and not set off sensors.

Shocktrooper392

Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone with a 2023 Power Wagon with 35's on the stock wheel. Did I miss it?? I would like to run either 35x12.50x17 or 315x70x17. If anyone is doing this are you getting any rub and do the tires stick way out from the fender???
I have 35x12.5x17 Toyo RT Trails on factory rims, no rub at all driving around. So far haven't found any rub when flexing. Towed a RZR and 2 four wheelers from NC to WV last month with no issues either. As @Soapy implied, 2023's just have cosmetic differences from 2019-2023s (hood, mirrors, IC, steering wheel, etc).

Attachments

• Trugg.JPG
    Trugg.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 158

areuriding

Reaction score
I have 35x12.5x17 Toyo RT Trails on factory rims, no rub at all driving around. So far haven't found any rub when flexing. Towed a RZR and 2 four wheelers from NC to WV last month with no issues either. As @Soapy implied, 2023's just have cosmetic differences from 2019-2023s (hood, mirrors, IC, steering wheel, etc).
Nice, I like it.. Now, if my truck would just get here..

Users who are viewing this thread