Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let’s see your wagons with 35 and 37’s

Parks31

Reaction score
What steps are those?
I hate to admit it but they are cheap Amazon steps. I bought my PW one week before a trip and needed something quick. The plan was to just use them for a month but I ended up really liking them. They don’t provide any real protection but so far they have worked. I looked at the full rock sliders but with my towing I didn’t really want to add the weight.

Attachments

• IMG_1652.jpeg
    IMG_1652.jpeg
    679.4 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1592.png
    IMG_1592.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 59

Scottrhasel

Reaction score
Would going with 37x11.5’s clear those mudflap bolt heads? Also does a 37x11.5 (on OEM rims) avoid rubbing the radius arms? I am leaning to a skinnier A/T tire in any event for winter performance. Would like to make 37’s work but do want to stick with stock rims and keep front mudflaps for now.
I have 37x12.5’s Falken wildpeak RTs that measure 36.8x11.7 and I barely rub the radius arm at full lock (and I mean BARELY). Stock rims, stock suspension. So I think you should be completely fine with 37x11.5’s

R.Duff7

Reaction score
I have 37x12.5’s Falken wildpeak RTs that measure 36.8x11.7 and I barely rub the radius arm at full lock (and I mean BARELY). Stock rims, stock suspension. So I think you should be completely fine with 37x11.5’s
How did they balance out? I'm having trouble with my 37x12.5 at3w's, got balance masters but still get vibration at 107kmph/ 65/70mph.

Scottrhasel

Reaction score
How did they balance out? I'm having trouble with my 37x12.5 at3w's, got balance masters but still get vibration at 107kmph/ 65/70mph.
I guess it was hard to balance them. One wheel needed 8 ounces. But they were able to get it done with no wobble thankfully.

wyvern

Reaction score
To the many folks in the thread who utilized the stock Power Wagon wheels, but switched over to black lugs: where did you purchase your lug nuts? The dealership near where I'm from wanted $104 for just 4 blacked out lugs, which is patently insane.

I really like the blacked out look of my 2023's stock factory 17"s, but I'd love to swap to black lugs and some 35"s as many have done in this thread. However, I can't justify it at those prices.

TrailWhale

Reaction score
To the many folks in the thread who utilized the stock Power Wagon wheels, but switched over to black lugs: where did you purchase your lug nuts? The dealership near where I'm from wanted $104 for just 4 blacked out lugs, which is patently insane.

I really like the blacked out look of my 2023's stock factory 17"s, but I'd love to swap to black lugs and some 35"s as many have done in this thread. However, I can't justify it at those prices.
I've had these on my truck for a couple of years now and they still look fine. In hindsight, sometimes I wish I hadn't gone with a complete set of locking nuts...the extra step of aligning the key on every lug nut gets old quick.

1712694440546.png

wyvern

Reaction score
I've had these on my truck for a couple of years now and they still look fine. In hindsight, sometimes I wish I hadn't gone with a complete set of locking nuts...the extra step of aligning the key on every lug nut gets old quick.

Much better pricing than the OEM lugs, but I'm not sure I'd want to have every lug be a lock as you mentioned. I'm sure most lugs will be fine, but I'd like to add that my Power Wagon will be put to work towing 7-8k lbs every now and then as well.

jenninr

Reaction score
I bought these in chrome for my last truck because the originals started bulging but I plan to buy them in black for my new one. I bought them based on a recommendation from someone else on this site.

wyvern

Reaction score
I bought these in chrome for my last truck because the originals started bulging but I plan to buy them in black for my new one. I bought them based on a recommendation from someone else on this site.
ordered thank you!

PowerNomad

Reaction score

I got mine at discount tire $140 all wheels.

Attachments

• IMG_5310.jpeg
    IMG_5310.jpeg
    679.9 KB · Views: 27

wyvern

Reaction score
I ordered a full set of Toyo Open Country A/TIII tires in the 285/75r17 size versus the 35x12.5r17 size. I wanted the guarantee that the spare will fit so I lurked pretty hard and found evidence that when mounted the 285/75r17 size is less than half an inch smaller in diameter than the 35x12.5r17 size. Didn't want any rubbing and ideally would've gone with 35x11.5r17.

Really wanted E range tires, and for some reason Toyo offers them in 285/75r17 and 35x12.5r17, but not 35x11.5r17. Hence I just bit the bullet and got the 285/75r17 size. I will post pictures next week.

wyvern

Reaction score
Also, just soliciting opinions here, but how much do you folks value matching the tread on your spare? Tire sizes obviously must match, but since your treadwear is always going to be different when introducing the emergency spare, I have never thought the tread really has to match too.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Also, just soliciting opinions here, but how much do you folks value matching the tread on your spare? Tire sizes obviously must match, but since your treadwear is always going to be different when introducing the emergency spare, I have never thought the tread really has to match too.
My opinion: I consider the spare “emergency use” and I don’t think it needs to match in size. It meets OE load rating, a 6% different in height (33” -> 35”) is not a big deal to me. If I need to use the spare, it will be for the shortest length time possible.

Users who are viewing this thread