Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let’s see your trailer organization, mods etc

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Another trailer mod I did.

jetrinka

Reaction score
haha drilling holes in anything is always stress inducing to me. I don't have an enclosed trailer but I have a little Lund 14 foot SSV boat I bought new a few years back. The 1st year I had it I decided I needed to install an automatic bilge pump in it in case I take waves over the side which required IIRC around an inch hole through the side of the boat. I think I almost wet myself when I started drilling the hole LOL

Sweet trailer man!

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Years back I went to pull-a-part and took the spare tire hoist off a couple E350 vans and mounted them under my trailer for it's spare tires. I like that they are out of view and out of the sun.
That’s a great idea thanks for sharing

Darkone

Reaction score
I’ve been contemplating that idea for my deck over. Pulling a spare off the neck of my gooseneck is an absolute pain, although being a tandem dual I’ll only put the spare on if I drop two tires on the same side

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Years back I went to pull-a-part and took the spare tire hoist off a couple E350 vans and mounted them under my trailer for it's spare tires. I like that they are out of view and out of the sun.
well now thats a good idea, my deck over would work perfectly with that setup instead of me loading it in the back of the truck every time i take the trailer somewhere

Pearce

Reaction score
I have a deck over also. Because of that I was also able to put a 40" Creepy Crawler sticky under the deck just in front of the axles. Added a ratchet strap for insurance and has worked for years.

Now if I could ever get the aluminum enclosed trailer I ordered in Sept 2021, all that stuff is going inside.... supply issues ugh

fuchsroehre

Reaction score
Here is our 20 ft intech Aluminum trailer.
We have added a few self build and welded aluminum pieces, the cabinets in the front came with the trailer.
Recently I added a tire rack for the gokart tires. That is on the upper left hand side wall.
A Dometic 13.5k roof AC was a must have and maybe even more important is a dehumidifier on the right wall. We sleep in the trailer at the race tracks and on the road when driving to different states for races. During some nights it gets to 90% humidity at 60F and that is awful. The dehumidifier also heats a little and we have a small 1500W electric space heater which gets fed by 2x 2100W Honda generators with a 6G Boat tank. They run the whole weekend with maybe 1 refill.
We carry an airfryer, toaster, waffle iron for food. A Dometic 55liter cooler is a wonderful addition.
The cummins pulls that 65mph with 14mpg.

IMG_8519.JPEGIMG_8552.jpegIMG_8606.jpegIMG_8515.JPEGIMG_8607.jpegIMG_8621.jpeg

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Here is our 20 ft intech Aluminum trailer.
We have added a few self build and welded aluminum pieces, the cabinets in the front came with the trailer.
Recently I added a tire rack for the gokart tires. That is on the upper left hand side wall.
A Dometic 13.5k roof AC was a must have and maybe even more important is a dehumidifier on the right wall. We sleep in the trailer at the race tracks and on the road when driving to different states for races. During some nights it gets to 90% humidity at 60F and that is awful. The dehumidifier also heats a little and we have a small 1500W electric space heater which gets fed by 2x 2100W Honda generators with a 6G Boat tank. They run the whole weekend with maybe 1 refill.
We carry an airfryer, toaster, waffle iron for food. A Dometic 55liter cooler is a wonderful addition.
The cummins pulls that 65mph with 14mpg.

View attachment 48277View attachment 48278View attachment 48279View attachment 48280View attachment 48281View attachment 48282
Awesome. Thanks for showing off. I dig the storage

snocam

Reaction score
These are pics from inside our cargo conversion trailer, charge controller, battery storage, inverter. Don't use the inverter much because everything is DC. Bar top in the nose, small bathroom. Fun projects.

Attachments

• 20220724_155015.jpg
    20220724_155015.jpg
    394.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 20220724_154803.jpg
    20220724_154803.jpg
    300.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 20210722_215045.jpg
    20210722_215045.jpg
    286.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 20210720_081244.jpg
    20210720_081244.jpg
    519.1 KB · Views: 23

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Great thread.. some good ideas in here.

First thing I did when I bought my box trailer was build and install a shelf for the front to hold equipment, tires, etc. Dont have a ton of pics but it is on brackets that can collapse allowing the bench to fold flat if I want it to.

Then went and added an electric jack.. had to cut off the manual one as some buffoon welded it to the tongue. Also went in and added a 7 way junction box and replaced the plug.. old one was done.

Recently added some cheap amazon LED lights... they are bright as ****!!! No battery yet on this trailer so I have the junction box wired so my electric accessories are powered by the 7 way. Works just fine and im not sure ill even add a battery at this point.

Last edited:

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Great thread.. some good ideas in here.

First thing I did when I bought my box trailer was build and install a shelf for the front to hold equipment, tires, etc. Dont have a ton of pics but it is on brackets that can collapse allowing the bench to fold flat if I want it to.

Then went and added an electric jack.. had to cut off the manual one as some buffoon welded it to the tongue. Also went in and added a 7 way junction box and replaced the plug.. old one was done.

Recently added some cheap amazon LED lights... they are bright as ****!!! No battery yet on this trailer so I have the junction box wired so my electric accessories are powered by the 7 way. Works just fine and im not sure ill even add a battery at this point.

Super nice trailer. The rub rails are a great addition. Lights look awesome.

I love the idea of 12v LEDs in the trailer. I’m married to 120v lights at the moment

My trailer is wired with a panel for RV power, it has 120v outlets and lighting. I keep the trailer plugged into the house when it’s parked and I keep the Toyota on a battery maintainer and have lights.

When I pull the trailer out four wheeling and don’t use a hookup, I use my jackery 300 which will run the 120v lights for approximately 6 hours based on actual amp draw of the lights if I don’t use any other 120v stuff.

5AA64923-062B-4BD4-8EF4-039D103B8329.jpeg

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Super nice trailer. The rub rails are a great addition. Lights look awesome.

I love the idea of 12v LEDs in the trailer. I’m married to 120v lights at the moment

My trailer is wired with a panel for RV power, it has 120v outlets and lighting. I keep the trailer plugged into the house when it’s parked and I keep the Toyota on a battery maintainer and have lights.

When I pull the trailer out four wheeling and don’t use a hookup, I use my jackery 300 which will run the 120v lights for approximately 6 hours based on actual amp draw of the lights if I don’t use any other 120v stuff.

View attachment 48313

Your setup is the better way to do it for sure. Im a cheap ass so im going around trying to do things in a cost effective way. It really bothered the **** out of me to pay $6k for the damn thing to begin with (I bought at probably the worst time when everything was very espensive) so, in my mind, the least I can do is try and be creative with my mods.

I love the diamond plate rubber floor. I'll probably do that (or coin) on mine next.

Users who are viewing this thread