Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leaking passenger A pillar

joshwright76

Reaction score
Hello I'm new here and to ram trucks as well.
In August I purchased a 2018 3500 longhorn Laramie with 22,000 miles. Now four months later and will the heavy rains we have had there is a steady leak coming from the top screw cover for the handle on the A pillar.
I have read quite a few threads about it happening on the driver's side. I don't have any lights on the roof or a sun or moon roof just the sharkfin on the driver's side. After finding out how many trucks leak from so many places I'm starting to regret my decision. Anyone have an idea where it's coming from?

Thank you

flan

Reaction score
Probably a hole in the roof.

Shark fin sounds like the suspect, depending how your parked can make water run different ways. You say you bought used, check and see if it’s the oem windshield as well, if not the installer could of messed up the weather seal.

2018Hemi

Reaction score
My 3rd brake light above the window was leaking, made mistake and figured it would be covered under extended warranty but not. $135 should have taken it out and fixed myself but was to cold out.

Lee Iacocca

Grumpy Old Fart
Reaction score
Same problem, my 22 2500 is leaking at sunroof down driver’s A pillar, ambient temp port above head, rear roof inside light. Diagnosed today, putting new one in tomorrow, I’ve never opened it. 9,000 miles.

adiaz

Reaction score
I’m having the same issue, just noticed it yesterday w heavy rain fall. I have a 2019 2500 Laramine w Cab Marker lights, and the oh **** handles on the driver side I had several drops of water coming out. Now the other day before the discovery I was washing my truck and noticed the front windshield towards the top where it meets the roof, looks like there was some discoloration or moisture running the complete length of the window. My truck has 69K and this shouldn’t be happening. Plus I have the rubber molding on the roof as well that’s not adhering to the metal it’s like they used cheap silicone or something. I’ll update y’all w pics maybe someone can help. Thanks

Thompsre08

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. Rain the last couple of days has been dripping out of the handle on my A pillar. I've got cab lights but no sunroof. Did anyone narrow it down and remedy the issue? I'd rather stay away from the dealership if i can help it.

Ronko322

Reaction score
Same problem, my 22 2500 is leaking at sunroof down driver’s A pillar, ambient temp port above head, rear roof inside light. Diagnosed today, putting new one in tomorrow, I’ve never opened it. 9,000 miles.
Im going through same thing. 2022 2500 laramie 11000 miles leaks through driver side handle if truck is forward slopped and back light and seat belt if truck is parked on a slop down to rear. Obviously like other years recalls and class actions Dodge can't get the sunroof right. Going tomorrow 11/21/23 to have fixed :(....

Users who are viewing this thread