Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie fenders on big horn

yycdiesel

Reaction score
Does anyone know if these will attach to a big horns fenders before I buy them and try?

Theyre already colour matched which us a huge bonus.
4d2e6c67d9ebf3fc4057f5357feb2100.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

Zrojas

Reaction score
Does anyone know if these will attach to a big horns fenders before I buy them and try?

Theyre already colour matched which us a huge bonus.
4d2e6c67d9ebf3fc4057f5357feb2100.jpg

Are they off a 2019+ Laramie? If they are, there are tabs that go through the fender. You can cut them off so you don't have to drill holes in your fenders. Have the person selling them turn them over and take a picture.

The front and rear wheel wells are the same shape regardless of trim. The only issue will be mounting method.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

yycdiesel

Reaction score
Are they off a 2019+ Laramie? If they are, there are tabs that go through the fender. You can cut them off so you don't have to drill holes in your fenders. Have the person selling them turn them over and take a picture.

The front and rear wheel wells are the same shape regardless of trim. The only issue will be mounting method.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
You ended up being correct.

I bought them they were too good to pass up and I think i will spy line x or equivalent around the rockers and wheel wells. Then remove the tabs and 2 way tape them to the line x hoping it's enough to hold lol
1f09f2292693f904af27b50733ccb4ef.jpg
5fa1fd5a58713a6ae0e5514b5be59d26.jpg

hit4bag

Reaction score
Nice find! I've been eyeing the Laramie flares and searching for Billet Silver. New can be purchased for ~$180 - $200, but I was quoted $500 to paint.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
The line x method around the wheel wells is awesome. A friend of mine did they and is tough and great looking! Not sure I would do flares after it though.

woody284

Reaction score
This is one of my top three “wants” for my tradesman. I put on aftermarket wheels and even though I tried to stay as close to stock backspacing I could, my tires stick out just a tad. Also I like the lines of them compared to the slick sides.

yycdiesel

Reaction score
Yeah, trying to figure out a way to attach them without wrecking the paint, thinking line x or lining the fenders then attaching with 2 way tape.

woody284

Reaction score
A friend of mine added a set to his big horn. He cut the tabs off and just used the double sided tape and bolts inside the fender. They look great but are not as tight as the factory installed ones. What I mean by this is if you tap lightly on a factory installed set there is no movement or rattle. On his set when you tap on them you can see a ever so tiny gap on the top edge and get a little movement. I still want them and look forward to hear your plans. Once I get a set and plan to install I don’t plan on taking them off ever but don’t really want to drill small holes either.

dean.fritz10

Reaction score
Got any pictures of them installed? Are the rear the same for fleet side or dually?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

steve49

Reaction score
Since the OEM fender flares for the Laramie come with the tabs, is there also a template to mark and drill the fender? I'm not concerned about drilling a hole, once installed they won't be coming off, and I want to be sure they're a good tight fit.

woody284

Reaction score
The more I look at the pictures. Are the tabs solely for alignment or do they serve a purpose for securely attaching them to the panel? Also it appear some like the off road flares and most aftermarket come with the rubber trim edge and the Laramie flares do not. Is one better than another?

Scottmckinley30

Reaction score
Any recommendations for oe style flares for a 2015 2500? Can’t find any mopar sets for sale without having to pay $200 for shipping. After getting them painted it would be close to $1000. eBay has tons of “oe style” flares for cheap but want to avoid problems as much as possible. Any recommendations would be very much appreciated. Thanks!!

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
Any recommendations for oe style flares for a 2015 2500? Can’t find any mopar sets for sale without having to pay $200 for shipping. After getting them painted it would be close to $1000. eBay has tons of “oe style” flares for cheap but want to avoid problems as much as possible. Any recommendations would be very much appreciated. Thanks!!
Bushwhacker.

Users who are viewing this thread