Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key Left Vehicle Feature (Three Horn Chirp)

How do you feel about it?

• Love it! It's a life saver!

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • I hate it! Get rid of it.

Votes: 110 33.5%
  • I'd like the option to disable it.

Votes: 213 64.9%

• Total voters

jebruns

Reaction score
I have the same complaint about remote starting with the key fob. The horn honks once or twice when I do that. I would like to be able to turn that off too.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I have the same complaint about remote starting with the key fob. The horn honks once or twice when I do that. I would like to be able to turn that off too.

You can disable it, mine was disabled before I left the dealership lot, along with the single lock honk.

MegaStro

Reaction score
As someone who jumps out at every boat launch its almost embarrassing, the option has its place.... Option it in the software across the board with an OTA, be sure to hit the 1500's as well.

ssrgeoff

Reaction score
Get rid of.. I doubt anyone who disables would someday think, "I really like when the horn blast me for stepping outside the vehicle... I think I'll turn that feature back on." If it were to also immobilize the vehicle from going into gear or being driven away, well then different story. That would be a feature must have if your in Portland/Seattle. But instead of horn, how about the flashers.

mountainears

Reaction score
You can disable it, mine was disabled before I left the dealership lot, along with the single lock honk.

No you cannot disable this. It is a 2022 and newer safety and security thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
No you cannot disable this. It is a 2022 and newer safety and security thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You didn’t read what I quoted. That was specific to remote start horn honk.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I did... there is a "Sound Horn with Remote Start" feature listed in the same menu. But since you tried all of that, you must not have it.

Huh? I didn’t quote you. I’m not having an issue finding it, I mentioned it was disabled on my truck before I left the lot.

Blythkd1

Reaction score
I absolutely hate it, which is how I voted, but I'd be good with having the option to disable it, along with the flashing lights. I park among others in the middle of the night at times, truck stops and rest areas for example, and it's far more than annoying for the horn to honk right next to others who are trying to sleep. If it weren't for having to pass DOT inspections, I would have probably already unhooked it.

b307a1

Reaction score
My only guess as to why they would make this a standard feature is that the "green" crowd has influenced Stellantis to make it annoying to leave your vehicle running unnecessarily when you are not in it.
Benefitting the cutting down on fossil fuel consumption and reduction of carbon emissions. "Shut your engine off and save the world"

Don't kill me!...It's Just a thought.

Last edited:

mountainears

Reaction score
You didn’t read what I quoted. That was specific to remote start horn honk.
I see....you were responding to someone else about the remote start horn honk....I just read your reply and not what you were replying to :) All good.

jsalbre

Reaction score
My only guess as to why they would make this a standard feature is that the "green" crowd has influenced Stellantis to make it annoying to leave your vehicle running unnecessarily when you are not in it.
Benefitting the cutting down on fossil fuel consumption and reduction of carbon emissions. "Shut your engine off and save the world"

Don't kill me!...It's Just a thought.
Stellantis (and all other manufacturers) doesn’t care at all about the environment or “green“ crowd opinions. What they care about is money. If the introduce a feature to save fuel, especially on HD trucks where there‘s no government mandated publishing of fuel economy, it’s because their customers (fleets in the case of HD trucks, us individual buyers are largely irrelevant) are asking for better fuel economy.

The horn thing is intended as a safety/security feature. It has nothing to do with any conspiracy about environmentalists.

Users who are viewing this thread