Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key fob

McGuyver

Reaction score
New 2022 3500. ( 2 months old) keeps saying key fob not detected. Or i will be driving & it will display key fob has left vehicle. Anyone else experience this. Probably 50 of the starts.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
New 2022 3500. ( 2 months old) keeps saying key fob not detected. Or i will be driving & it will display key fob has left vehicle. Anyone else experience this. Probably 50 of the starts.

Have you tried putting a new battery in the suspect fob?

brucie

Reaction score

I have noticed my cell phone can interfere with the fob. I believe they even mention it in the manual. Make note of where your cell phone is, relative to the fob and see if changing its location helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McGuyver

Reaction score
I have noticed my cell phone can interfere with the fob. I believe they even mention it in the manual. Make note of where your cell phone is, relative to the fob and see if changing its location helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow , thats kind of inconvenient. Being the fob is in pocket & cell phone in reach

McGuyver

Reaction score
Fyi, its my cell phone! I put it in the back seat & the key fob not detected goes away. Hell it says key fob has left the vehicle while im driving down the road.

Pitboss44

Reaction score
Saw a comment on a Facebook ram group where someone said if the fob is left in the truck while it’s off, the truck won’t fully go to sleep. Leading to battery drain. Anyone know if there’s any validity to that?

tyler2you

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread