Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Katzkin interior upgrade

Hayden

Reaction score
Just thought I would share some pics of Katzkin in my 2500

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    555.7 KB · Views: 316
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    656.7 KB · Views: 309
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    597.8 KB · Views: 311
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    590.2 KB · Views: 301
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    553.2 KB · Views: 301
  • image5 (1).jpeg
    image5 (1).jpeg
    585.8 KB · Views: 293
  • image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    585.8 KB · Views: 290
  • image7.jpeg
    image7.jpeg
    756.3 KB · Views: 291

Squatch

Reaction score
Man, that definitely motivates me to get mine out of the box and install it. That looks good!

Hayden

Reaction score
On the door it was just the rectangle ....surrounded by chrome trim ....that was replaced . the light mountain brown was Katzkin color Teak ..

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would share some pics of Katzkin in my 2500
I never realized seat covers could look so good. If you don't mind me asking, what was approximate cost of all covers together. No problem if you don't want to, i understand. Did you instal those or a company.

Hayden

Reaction score
I never realized seat covers could look so good. If you don't mind me asking, what was approximate cost of all covers together. No problem if you don't want to, i understand. Did you instal those or a company.
The Katzkin is not a traditional cover that is installed over existing upholstery.... It is replacement upholstery..... The installer removes the existing factory upholstery and brings the seat down to the foam... They install the leather Katzkin upholstery back over the foam like factory.... with clips, velcro, and hog rings ..... I chose to use the Katzkin installer recommended by Katzkin ....who also does the same thing for the dealerships in my area ... It was a very simple process ... I ordered an upgraded leather with perforations as well as contrast stitching ... I paid Katzkin and they took care of setting the appointment time and date for installation as well as the installation cost by installer ... The cost for the Katzkin was 1850.00 plus tax ..I dropped off the truck with the installer in the morning and picked it up that night .. quick...clean...and simple ...

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
The Katzkin is not a traditional cover that is installed over existing upholstery.... It is replacement upholstery..... The installer removes the existing factory upholstery and brings the seat down to the foam... They install the leather Katzkin upholstery back over the foam like factory.... with clips, velcro, and hog rings ..... I chose to use the Katzkin installer recommended by Katzkin ....who also does the same thing for the dealerships in my area ... It was a very simple process ... I ordered an upgraded leather with perforations as well as contrast stitching ... I paid Katzkin and they took care of setting the appointment time and date for installation as well as the installation cost by installer ... The cost for the Katzkin was 1850.00 plus tax ..I dropped off the truck with the installer in the morning and picked it up that night .. quick...clean...and simple ...
wow, that's amazing, can't believe they got all that done in a shift. Looks awesome. You'll have to keep us posted along the way on how it hold up. Does it have any sort of warranty since you went with there suggested installer

Hayden

Reaction score
wow, that's amazing, can't believe they got all that done in a shift. Looks awesome. You'll have to keep us posted along the way on how it hold up. Does it have any sort of warranty since you went with there suggested installer
3 Year 36000 mile warranty ... I used Katzkin on my 2011 camaro ...installed this myself ... that's why I chose to have it installed this time... very time consuming....... 10% wear on driver seat now in 2020 ... the rest looks like the day I put it in... have only put 18000 miles on camaro to date ...2020

Reaction score
Looks great!

I actually had a quote quite a bit lower for the "regular" single tone Katzkhin from my local dealer, 1100 out the door, 1300 with heated seats. Keep meaning to pull the trigger but never get round to it, pretty sure once winter rolls up here I'll pull the trigger.

Hayden

Reaction score
Great deal !! I went with two tone because the dash was two tone.... upgraded the leather and went with contrast stitching.... all more $$$$ ...thoughts were **** if i'm gonna spend it might as well get what I want..

Rogue 2500

Reaction score
That is the best looking install I have seen! Most have wrinkles and are not fit well. Nice job!

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Those look fantastic! I almost bought one of their kits for my 3rd Gen. It was going to run about $1000. I shied away because I didn't have the time to do it myself. I had no idea it would only be $1500 installed using one of their recommended shops. If I had researched more I would have done it.

Gulfcoastin

Reaction score
I have the same two-tone in my 2019 Big horn megacab. What are those 2 colors you used called from Katzkin? Looks really good.

Hayden

Reaction score
Black / Light Mountain Brown Interior is on my Ram window sticker ..... color Teak and black was a almost dead on match from Katzkin ....I had all the stitching done in Teak as well.......sorry it took so long to get back to you.....

Users who are viewing this thread