Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeep guy looking to upgrade to a new 2500

onebadtwo

Reaction score
Im a Chevy guy, turned Jeep/Ram guy... My last Silverado had terrible rusting issues (not a typical ting for me...) so I'm pretty anti Chevrolet right now, not to mention the new Chevy is UGLY! I then found the "Jeep Life" which I enjoy tremendously, but its not very useful. So im looking to trade my Jeep in on a new 2500 4x4.

Attachments

• Jeep Ram.jpg
    Jeep Ram.jpg
    851.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Jeep RTI.jpg
    Jeep RTI.jpg
    931.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Jeep Dirty.jpg
    Jeep Dirty.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome. I see a 1st gen Ram in that garage. We have a section for talking about them too.

We keep kicking around the idea of a jeep...but just keep getting trucks. Maybe someday.

It is interesting how the latest Chevy trucks have been really rusting. I have a 99 Ram that has the cancer bad...but I have seen alot of 2011 and up GMs lately with more rust than I would have thought possible.

Thanks for joining us.

Manapua

Reaction score
Im a Chevy guy, turned Jeep/Ram guy... My last Silverado had terrible rusting issues (not a typical ting for me...) so I'm pretty anti Chevrolet right now, not to mention the new Chevy is UGLY! I then found the "Jeep Life" which I enjoy tremendously, but its not very useful. So im looking to trade my Jeep in on a new 2500 4x4.
I have a Power Wagon and a JLUR. Last month when I went to pick up my truck that I had ordered, my wife decided she really wanted a Wrangler. Yeah, that was one expensive weekend.

Anyways, despite paying a surprisingly similar price for the two vehicles, the truck is better in pretty much every way except off road ability and fuel economy. The truck rides and handles better, is more comfortable, luxurious, has better tech... I can go on.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the Jeep. However I think the stiff competition that Ram faces forces them to up their game while the Wrangler really has no competition (at least until the new Bronco and Defender come out), which allows them to get away with giving less for the money.

hutchman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome! I just traded my 12th Jeep for a new Challenger. I'm 6'8" and the new Jeeps just don't have enough room for me any more. I really like these new Ram trucks!

Users who are viewing this thread