Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've left the fold....sort of.

hutchman

Staff member
Reaction score
Over ten last several months, my mobility issues have gotten noticeably worse to the point it became a real struggle to enter and exit my truck. I have an underlying neurological issue that causes this and it will not get better. At the end of December it beca e evident I had to make a change so I graded for a 2020 1500 Limited:

20200102_123354-X2.jpg

I prefer a HD truck, but I needed the air suspension for both my wife and myself. The entry/exit level on the suspension makes all the difference in the world. Being a Limited, it is the fanciest truck I've ever owned. Over the last month I've come to the point that I wonder why I've not been driving highly optioned trucks all along....I really enjoy the toys ln this one!

Anyway, yesterday, we purchased a travel trailer to tow with it. So the adventure continues, but in a slightly different direction.

I will still be in and out of here, but just not quite as much.

oaklandopen

Reaction score
Gotta do what's good for you

The more vehicle options you get, the harder it is to let them go. The couple things I lost going from my 15 Laramie to the 19 bighorn are hilariously crippling (auto wipers, handle unlocking, rear heated seats). Thank God they finally put some good LED headlights in

U

User_1648

X2 - beautiful truck! Hope you get to feeling better!

Ddmac

Reaction score
Sorry about your problems but you did end up with a great truck.

Buppies

Reaction score
So sorry about your health issues fantastic truck by the way

RamGuy84

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the health issues.

Those don't appear to be Limited rims.

hutchman

Staff member
Reaction score
Those don't appear to be Limited rims.

They are not. I swapped the 20s for these when I traded, and had the 285/75 Wildpeaks installed immediately after trading. I'm not a fan of big wheels and Rubber band tires on Forest Service Roads. These do have a slight rub at full lock when the. suspension is in the entry/exit or aero mode, so l may go to a 33" tire. Dunno yet.

And thanks to all for the well wishes. My health issues are neither life threatening nor are they life shortening. They just make really tough to do the things I used to do and would still like to do.

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
Getting old... sux! I'm still waiting for the 'gracefully' part to kick in but thus far... nuthin. Just perpetually new aches, pains, issues and a dimming horizon. Yippee-Ki-Yay!

hutchman, nice truck and all the best!

Users who are viewing this thread