Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues Needing Attention from RamCares

Jeffmc306

Reaction score
I agree with Gondul, the trailer camera is less important to me than the TTPMS which I'd have to buy a 3rd party system anyway. I've heard horror stories of guys blowing a tire on an Airstream costing $2500 or more to repair the aluminum body from the damage.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Probably. But there are at least 4 factory promotional videos and brochures still touting the TTPMS as a feature of the 2019 3500 that can be viewed even right now.
If the feature was actually removed from production in Feb '19, but the sales brochures and videos promoting the feature continue an attempt to persuade you that it's there... then finally, RAM adds the qualifier "Late Availability" but even the latest models still don't include the feature - that's not much of an effort to avoid defrauding buyers.

Caveat emptor...

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
@RamCares. I just purchased one of the final 2019 Limited 3500 Dually with all options. This "Late Availability" truck (built 09/30/19) does not have the TTPMS options on the Driver Info Menu - despite the fact that it has been factory advertised by RAM this entire model year. Is there an update or anything further that is known? What is RAM planning to do to fix this issue for existing owners?

Hi mlink,

I do apologize for the delay in my response, I have just responded to your most recent private message.

Mark
RamCares

Jeffmc306

Reaction score
HOFF, thanks for posting the TTPMS Body Builder Instructions. I read it twice and come to the conclusion this is not a post-production installation kit.
They state: On 2500/3500 pickup trucks, (DJ and D2) the in-cab controls, chassis wiring and TPM receiver module have been factory installed." Even on Chassis Cab models the wiring is "factory installed". We can only hope FCA will offer a kit with wiring but I'm not holding my breath. Bummer :-(

Users who are viewing this thread