Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to set UConnect so it's on without radio on?

Lumpskie

Reaction score
Hi All,

When I start my truck, I'd like the screen to be on and, when my phone is connected, Android Auto to be on. But, I don't want the radio to be playing. I've tried setting the system to a USB or blue tooth, then turning the truck off. When I turn the truck back on, the system has changed itself back to radio mode. I did a quick search here and didn't find anything. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Hi All,

When I start my truck, I'd like the screen to be on and, when my phone is connected, Android Auto to be on. But, I don't want the radio to be playing. I've tried setting the system to a USB or blue tooth, then turning the truck off. When I turn the truck back on, the system has changed itself back to radio mode. I did a quick search here and didn't find anything. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,
When you start the truck it will go to the last selected media unless its not connected then it defaults to radio, so because bluetooth takes a few secconds to connect it will turn the radio on. The best option would be turn volume down before shutting truck off

Lumpskie

Reaction score
When you start the truck it will go to the last selected media unless its not connected then it defaults to radio, so because bluetooth takes a few secconds to connect it will turn the radio on. The best option would be turn volume down before shutting truck off
Got it. It's only a minor annoyance. Well, at least it wasn't me just being too dense to figure the system out!

CharlieL

Reaction score
Hi All,

Thanks,
Go to the audio settings. There is one there called “auto on radio.” Change that to your preference.

Edit - This assumes you have a 2022 with Uconnect 5. Not applicable to U4.

Last edited:

Lumpskie

Reaction score
Go to the audio settings. There is one there called “auto on radio.” Change that to your preference.

Edit - This assumes you have a 2022 with Uconnect 5. Not applicable to U4.
There was a setting in my U Connect 4 just called "Auto On". It enabled the radio to automatically switch from FM to the phone audio (in my case Pandora). No perfect, but better! Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread