Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intermittent three chime alarm with no faults indicated

arx237

Reaction score
Do you have the forward collision warning system?

It can be fooled by shadows and reflections occasionally. My wifes van does this to. Its sensor is a camera in front rear view mirror.

Oilburner61

Reaction score
Do you have the forward collision warning system?
It can be fooled by shadows and reflections occasionally. My wifes van does this to. Its sensor is a camera in front rear view mirror.
Yes, I do have the forward collision warning. Have gotten a collision warning a couple times when someone is slowing to turn or traffic slows suddenly and with that I get a flashing red message on the instrument panel display warning of potential collision. This may be the system getting fooled so it doesn't do the warning message as there is no potential collision?? Happened twice within 10 minutes today. Annoying!

arx237

Reaction score
I dont have it but try turning it off. The manual also has sensitivity settings too.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I am occasionally getting a 3 chime audible alert while driving. Chimes are about a half second apart. Do not get any indication on any screen for what the alert is. Typically happens when driving in traffic but I am just moving with traffic flow and not overly close to vehicle in front of me. Happens in city and freeway driving. Anyone have an idea what this alert is?
Go into your navigation settings in the radio, and pull up the sounds and alert settings. Which ones are checked? It will alert just like you describe for upcoming red light cameras, if you are speeding, and for traffic safety alerts. There’s a few others that don’t apply- low emissions zone warning, and I think rechargeable range too low. If you have the Tom Tom navigation screen pulled up while you get one of these alerts, it will show what it is in the sidebar.

Oilburner61

Reaction score
Go into your navigation settings in the radio, and pull up the sounds and alert settings. Which ones are checked? It will alert just like you describe for upcoming red light cameras, if you are speeding, and for traffic safety alerts. There’s a few others that don’t apply- low emissions zone warning, and I think rechargeable range too low. If you have the Tom Tom navigation screen pulled up while you get one of these alerts, it will show what it is in the sidebar.
Thanks, I do have several of the alerts selected, Camera, Traffic Jam.... Don't usually have the Tom Tom Nav screen on as I prefer the Android Auto nav, but will try with it on for a while to see if I get an alert in the sidebar area. Thanks Again!

PD Luke

Reaction score
Thanks, I do have several of the alerts selected, Camera, Traffic Jam.... Don't usually have the Tom Tom Nav screen on as I prefer the Android Auto nav, but will try with it on for a while to see if I get an alert in the sidebar area. Thanks Again!
I just went through this on our drive home from MD. Turned out mine was going off due to red light cameras we encountered in Memphis. If you have the Nav screen up you will see an indication of red light camera. I unchecked most or all the alerts and did not have anymore the rest of the trip.

Users who are viewing this thread