Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intermittent Key FOB function that leaves alarm active & driver door buttons do not function either - 2015

RCMEDIC

Reaction score
It is driving me crazy!!! Completely random events where the key fob fails to function at all but the alarm remains active with no way to get into the truck without setting it off before entering and putting fob in the slot and turning it to any position other than off. When this occurs the driver door armrest buttons for door locks and windows also fails to function. Manually starting the truck will return function to the key fob but the door controls function does not return until shifting into gear. I admit that I am clueless. I don't even know where to begin trouble shooting. I have used AlphaOBD to check settings with nothing appearing to be inappropriate nor are there any OBD trouble codes or check engine light on. This occurs randomly and is not specific to any location.

The following explains what happens, when it happens: Park truck, exit, and use fob to lock. Come back (irrespective of time lapse) & attempt unlock with fob. No response of any kind. If parked overnight, neither does remote start function work. Use key in fob to unlock door. Simultaneous with opening the door, alarm goes off (loud air horns). Rush to get fob into ignition and turn it at least to accessory position to quiet alarm. Purely a fluke that I noted that driver door control buttons also fail to function during these events until the truck has been shifted into any gear.

I am open to suggestions and ideas.

flan

Reaction score
Have you tried changing the fob battery or tried your other fob? Also year of truck?

RCMEDIC

Reaction score
Have you tried changing the fob battery or tried your other fob? Also year of truck?
Yes. Brand new batteries in fob. three different fobs. Same behavior. 2015 Bighorn 2500 with 6.7

flan

Reaction score
Wow ok, good luck finding a solution! I think the RF hub runs that feature. Maybe a problem there? Surely someone more knowledgeable will be along to help.

RCMEDIC

Reaction score
Thank you. Effectively out of ideas for now. I'll keep digging.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread