Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I think my 2019 HD has AC issues

trucklet

Reaction score
WhenI had my 2019 1500, I read all the threads about poor AC performance. I only owned it for a few months and it was fall/ winter/ spring. Now, I have a new HD and I can tell the AC performance is lacking; especially when compared to other vehicles.
Here's a video of me comparing the AC temps in my truck against a 2019 GMV Sierra 1500. There was over a 20-degree difference.
Just curious; is this what others are seeing with their Rams or is something wrong with mine. Honestly, I am hoping something is wrong and this is not as good as it gets.

jadmt

Reaction score
there is a tsb for this. common issue on 2019-2020.
21C8A110-E2BC-4487-8966-09244F7D8401.png

woody284

Reaction score
Welcome to the HD side. You have upgraded to a great truck. There is a solid possibility your truck does have an AC issue. There is an A/C TSB thread on here that will help you decide. It will go by build date. My 19’ has had the TSB done and it helped but it’s a large job for the tech. It took the local tech a day and a half. Look into the a/c fix thread.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
WhenI had my 2019 1500, I read all the threads about poor AC performance. I only owned it for a few months and it was fall/ winter/ spring. Now, I have a new HD and I can tell the AC performance is lacking; especially when compared to other vehicles.
Here's a video of me comparing the AC temps in my truck against a 2019 GMV Sierra 1500. There was over a 20-degree difference.
Just curious; is this what others are seeing with their Rams or is something wrong with mine. Honestly, I am hoping something is wrong and this is not as good as it gets.

You must have missed the sticky at the very beginning... here is the link.

AC Fix TSB (Pre 8/20 build trucks)

Users who are viewing this thread