Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to set the winch to neutral

brainless

Reaction score
Gotta hire a midget for his hand to get in there or is it just me??? I mean... My hands are pretty small already... What's the secret?? I mean seriously? Oh... It's a 2019 PW.

1602815123418.png

@JC

Reaction score
Fun story, went to use the winch this past weekend for the first time, pulled the cable out and at about 10 feet it was cut clean down to where there is only one strand left connected. It's also wrapped under itself tight just beyond that point so I couldn't unspool it any further either. Popped over to the dealer on Monday and they ordered a replacement. Retail cost on the replacement rope kit (which comes with the hook attached) would be an eye popping $1200 if it weren't under warranty. The complete winch is listed at just above $4k.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Fun story, went to use the winch this past weekend for the first time, pulled the cable out and at about 10 feet it was cut clean down to where there is only one strand left connected. It's also wrapped under itself tight just beyond that point so I couldn't unspool it any further either. Popped over to the dealer on Monday and they ordered a replacement. Retail cost on the replacement rope kit (which comes with the hook attached) would be an eye popping $1200 if it weren't under warranty. The complete winch is listed at just above $4k.

For future reference this is the line our trucks use. $420 on Amazon. Easy to install.

Last edited:

WXman

Reaction score
Is the Power Wagon winch a standard size with standard bolt pattern? In other words, could a guy replace it with a different brand winch in the future if it fails?

Omar RVA

Reaction score
Is the Power Wagon winch a standard size with standard bolt pattern? In other words, could a guy replace it with a different brand winch in the future if it fails?
It's a pretty standard Warn Zeon 12S. Only thing is it's mounted foot forward (not foot down like most folks do these days), so you'd need to be able to buy a winch that can be clocked appropriately.

OA

WXman

Reaction score
It's a pretty standard Warn Zeon 12S. Only thing is it's mounted foot forward (not foot down like most folks do these days), so you'd need to be able to buy a winch that can be clocked appropriately.

OA

Interesting. I've never seen anything like that before.

Users who are viewing this thread