Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to add front camera to 8.4

1fasdzl

Reaction score
I’ve searched tons of threads on this but none have a definitive answer on this.

Can you add front camera and have it integrate on the factory 8.4” screen? I’ve seen a bunch of different modules that plug into the OBD port but again, no one has said “yes” and said how it’s done.

I have a 2019 Laramie with rear camera and front/rear sensors (no 360 view).

Nd79

Reaction score
I read on another thread that you can if you wire it into where the cargo camera would be, if you don't already have a cargo camera that is.

Try searching chmsl or cargo camera

Remy

Reaction score
Hey were u able get this done? I bought the wrong grille so now I’m thinking about adding a front camera to mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1fasdzl

Reaction score
Hey were u able get this done? I bought the wrong grille so now I’m thinking about adding a front camera to mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I ended up buying a small rearview camera that can be set as a front view as well. This is done by cutting a wire loop on the camera harness. I bought it off Amazon and it's decent...nowhere as good as the factory HD camera though.

I made a small bracket and painted it black, and attached it roughly where the factory cameras mount.

The interface module allows it to plug in and function as a cargo camera, since my truck does not have a cargo cam. I like that I can switch it on anytime at low speeds. It's really helpful for pulling into parking spaces. I can't remember which brand module I purchased but it's one of the companies that others have mentioned in other threads.

Users who are viewing this thread