Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how do i questions

slimchance

Reaction score
How do I get the current gear to show up, without using the +/- buttons? I looked everywhere in my dash options, as well as my uconnect settings, can't seem to find it. asked the service tech when in for service and he could not do it either

Zinga

Reaction score
I was looking for this yesterday also and found it. I haven't tried it yet while driving.

Tap the ERS (-) switch on the steering wheel.

Don-T

Reaction score
The only way I have found to do it is to use the ERS buttons like Zinga posted.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
It is on the 6.4l HEMI. It is eco mode. 4 of the 8 cylinders shut down.

The main reason the 6.4l was developed was to bring the 5.7l HEMI MDS From the 1500 and cars to the HD.

MDS=Multi-displacement system

Zinga

Reaction score
It is on the 6.4l HEMI. It is eco mode. 4 of the 8 cylinders shut down.

The main reason the 6.4l was developed was to bring the 5.7l HEMI MDS From the 1500 and cars to the HD.

MDS=Multi-displacement system
Interesting. Heavy Duty becomes half duty.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
We should be able to enable the displayed gear according to page 172 in the manual.
But when you actually get into the menu, there is no option... I contacted MOPAR via email and I got told to go see the dealer. :rolleyes:

JustinHEMI

Reaction score
We should be able to enable the displayed gear according to page 172 in the manual.
But when you actually get into the menu, there is no option... I contacted MOPAR via email and I got told to go see the dealer. :rolleyes:

View attachment 740

I noticed this missing too because it's one of the first things I set up. It was in my 19 1500. I'm sure a software update can fix it when Ram decides it needs updated.

Chriuus

Reaction score
I noticed this missing too because it's one of the first things I set up. It was in my 19 1500. I'm sure a software update can fix it when Ram decides it needs updated.
The manual also says you can lower the truck for easier entry with the key fob.

slimchance

Reaction score
i did go see my local dealer and he just shrugged his shoulders ... showed him the manual and he said contact MOPAR .... course he never heard of this display before

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
i did go see my local dealer and he just shrugged his shoulders ... showed him the manual and he said contact MOPAR .... course he never heard of this display before

I contacted MOPAR, they said to contact the Dealer... the circle is now closed...

Users who are viewing this thread