Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hood Vibrating at highway speeds

KB RAM

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced this? My hood vibrates pretty violently when cruising at 75ish on highway. Dealer said it is normal with aluminum hood...
Has anyone successfully adjusted it to stop?

OuachitaAdventure

Reaction score
had a recall on my 2019 1500 for this. The puts some kind of filler in there so it wouldn't vibrate. May be something that's coming for the HDs also.

Reaction score
My 2011 HD does that as well. The front corners lift pretty good when it gets windy, maybe they need to change to two latches on the hood.

Ogamiitto

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced this? My hood vibrates pretty violently when cruising at 75ish on highway. Dealer said it is normal with aluminum hood...

if that's true, then that's called a failure of design.

gregmachz

Reaction score
yes my 2019 hd does this too
this stuff is getting built cheaper every year

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
No issues here... my wife's Forester had a similar issue (also aluminum)... hood wasn't properly aligned and torqued down.
It was quickly fixed and haven't had an issue since.

Your dealer is being less than truthful...

DeVoTee

Reaction score
The Flutter a highway speeds are coming from the hinge mount. I've taken the emblems of the hood and you can see the flex from the aluminum hood where the hinges are mounted....... Design Flaw... needs bracing or a thicker piece of aluminum to mount the hinges. You can see the flex from just gently trying to close hood.

thestuarts

Reaction score
Yes, the hood on my 2019 3500 vibrates at highway speed. I thought something was wrong. I would love to know if someone finds a home remedy.

DeVoTee

Reaction score
My Dealers response was... "It operates how it was intended".

DESIGN FLAW!!!

ViperTower

Reaction score
My 2019 Dually does this. I thought I hadn't shut my hood all the way,. Hard to tell if it's shaking or flexing.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Mine does too on my 2500. Have to see on 3500 next month.

Fierodough

Reaction score
Mine does this as well. It almost looks like the hood is trying to pop open. Like some play in the latch?

NordicNevs

Reaction score
I would bring it to the dealer but all evidence shows they are incompetent so I will look for the fix and likely DIY.
I don't even trust them to do an oil change properly. Sad state of affairs.

DeVoTee

Reaction score
I have removed the badging on the hood... The hinge bolts are behind the badging and you can see the aluminum hood flexing when you use pressure to close the the hood.
Design flaw for the light aluminum hood. The area around the hinge attachment needs reinforcement.

Please share if anyone finds a solution.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Interesting. I wouldn’t expect the dealers to have anyone competent enough to repair this but I hope I’m wrong. Ram might surprise us.

bronco72

Reaction score
I have the same issue and did adjusted the stops it cut the vibrations down some but did not get rid of it.

Users who are viewing this thread