Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hood Vibrating at highway speeds

Blythkd1

Reaction score
I did this over a year ago and it 100% stopped it.
Even when you meet a big truck on a 2 lane? Mine looks like it lifts at least a half inch when I meet a fast moving bull hauler on a 2 lane highway. I suppose I'd give it a shot, nothing to lose really.

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
Even when you meet a big truck on a 2 lane? Mine looks like it lifts at least a half inch when I meet a fast moving bull hauler on a 2 lane highway. I suppose I'd give it a shot, nothing to lose really.

Greatly reduced in that but mine still does a bit when the blast is exceptional…nearly nothing otherwise, was really bad in crosswind and woggling constantly at highway speed.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Mine moves pretty good with my plow on but at the windshield side of the hood

Will_T

Reaction score

Mine used to do the same, probably more than half an inch. Especially when both ways of a two-lane highway were travelling at 60+ mph. When I met something like a hay truck with those huge, square bales making a wall pushing the air out it was downright scary. Looked and sounded like the hood was going to rip off. I got in the habit of pulling over as far as safe into the break down lane, if there was one, to get away from the push of air. But that is not the safest tactic when towing. I tried the adjustment knobs but could not eliminate the issue. But, once I put on the felt pads, it stopped. May have been a combination of adjustment with the pads? This fall I did a 1,500+ mile road trip with the TT and met lots of big loads coming at me at 60 to 70- mph and no problems. Maybe there was a little vibration at times but nothing that I noticed or took note of. Before the pads it would almost give you a heart attack at times as it was such a violent and noisy event.

Firebird

Reaction score
I posted earlier in this thread that my 2019 was terrible, hood fluttered everywhere! My 2021 3500 had zero flutter, so I took my new 2023 out on the interstate and tested it out. All the way up to 90 mph, zero flutter.

Blackpowder

Reaction score
These worked well for me. I also made slight adjustments to the two adjustable stops, being careful not to put excessive pressure on the hood. You can check for play by gently pressing on the hood directly above the posts. If there is a gap you can feel it. I also kept my eye on hood alignment as I made adjustments. Significant improvement in hood flutter after doing this.

Attachments

• 20231202_153120.jpg
    20231202_153120.jpg
    560.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20231202_153139.jpg
    20231202_153139.jpg
    427.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20231202_152939.jpg
    20231202_152939.jpg
    408.9 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread