Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Honking - chirping - 3 three horn beeps honks chirps - when I leave my vehicle - merged threads

BroGo

Reaction score
The power fold option was taken out of the Laramie and lower trim packages in September due to the microchip shortage. Only available on Limited (and probably Longhorn) trims.

That really sucks on the Laramie trim level. Those are generally pretty well equipped. It should be standard equipment on Laramie and above

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nyfireman22

Reaction score
That really sucks on the Laramie trim level. Those are generally pretty well equipped. It should be standard equipment on Laramie and above

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. My '17 Bighorn had them, and I actually used them frequently. But hey, I can lower the tailgate from inside the truck!:rolleyes:

sstoner911

Reaction score
The power fold option was taken out of the Laramie and lower trim packages in September due to the microchip shortage. Only available on Limited (and probably Longhorn) trims.
Are you sure? I am sure I guy on another forum I at got a Laramie with power fold Mirrors.

Linked4door

Reaction score
Are you sure? I am sure I guy on another forum I at got a Laramie with power fold Mirrors.
Early orders like my July order have them , but later orders don't as it was removed. My truck also is a night edition which was removed, but I think that has been added back to the laramies. If you search the 2022 build thread their are hundreds of posts confirming the options were removed.

OfficerDirtySanchez

Reaction score
I was moving a 5th wheel for a customer today and Everytime I had to get out and check how close I was to frickin cactus, fence poles etc....the damn hor chirps 3 times and then everyone likes at me like Iam an A-Hole....

No just me and my Ram
I just recently got my truck and didn't think about this. Especially showing up at a site at night- I really don't want to be that guy whose truck honks.

This feature is terrible.

@RamCares. I'd love an update allowing for it to be disabled by the customer.

leeparnell89

Reaction score
I’ve kept a spare in the truck and it’s killed the honks. I pretty much always lock my truck any time I get out of it so it works for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sstoner911

Reaction score
I’ve kept a spare in the truck and it’s killed the honks. I pretty much always lock my truck any time I get out of it so it works for me.

If you have passive entry, just keep in mind that anyone can open the door if there is a FOB in the truck.

leeparnell89

Reaction score
If you have passive entry, just keep in mind that anyone can open the door if there is a FOB in the truck.

I figured that would be the case too but I saw on another thread about the honks that there are a couple guys who have passive entry and say that you cannot use open the door if you leave with one of the keys. I have a tradesman so I don’t have passive entry to test this. I’ll find the other thread and post for reference.

leeparnell89

Reaction score

Its actually this thread since all the posts were merged for this topic. Post # 76 by Brutal HO.

sstoner911

Reaction score
I figured that would be the case too but I saw on another thread about the honks that there are a couple guys who have passive entry and say that you cannot use open the door if you leave with one of the keys. I have a tradesman so I don’t have passive entry to test this. I’ll find the other thread and post for reference.

If my wife leaves her purse in the truck and I have my FOB in my pocket, she can open the door with the passive entry if she gets back to the truck before me....

Now she takes her FOB with her if we both leave the. Truck while it's running...(restroom breaks etc..).

leeparnell89

Reaction score
If my wife leaves her purse in the truck and I have my FOB in my pocket, she can open the door with the passive entry if she gets back to the truck before me....

Now she takes her FOB with her if we both leave the. Truck while it's running...(restroom breaks etc..).

Heck I guess it may be a case by case basis. I can see that would be inconvenient.

sstoner911

Reaction score
Heck I guess it may be a case by case basis. I can see that would be inconvenient.

I think if a Fob is left in the truck it's not suppose to unlock with the passive entry... but that hasn't been my experience.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score

Then there would be an issue with your passive entry. If you leave a valid fob inside your truck, and you exit the truck and lock it with a different valid fob, and that fob is nowhere near the truck anymore, then the doors can’t be passively opened with the other fob locked in the truck.

sstoner911

Reaction score
Then there would be an issue with your passive entry. If you leave a valid fob inside your truck, and you exit the truck and lock it with a different valid fob, and that fob is nowhere near the truck anymore, then the doors can’t be passively opened with the other fob locked in the truck.
I may have to test it again. Who knows...she may have had the fob on her. You know how women are hahahaha

dynocompe

Reaction score
imagine being able to disable the chime for an actual life saving device like the seatbelt, but not for 3 useless honks because you left the vehicle running on purpose. Who in the world has ever left their vehicle running and not known? This world is so dumb. I will just unplug my horn, not really needed anyways, Will it throw a code?

leeparnell89

Reaction score
I pretty much agree with you especially with a diesel, but I have witnessed my dad leave his hemi running multiple times. He'd get to the office lost in thought after a 90mi commute and forget to kill it. We'd find it at lunch still running. All that considered I'd still disable that honk all day every day and twice on sunday.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
I just recently got my truck and didn't think about this. Especially showing up at a site at night- I really don't want to be that guy whose truck honks.

This feature is terrible.

@RamCares. I'd love an update allowing for it to be disabled by the customer.
Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your honest feedback. We will make sure to document accordingly!

Rob
Ram Cares

Darmichar

Reaction score
My '22 Bighorn has power fold mirrors. Also, looks like I'll be leaving the spare fob in the truck, the 3 beeps irritates the crap out of me (and the neighbors).

sstoner911

Reaction score
My '22 Bighorn has power fold mirrors. Also, looks like I'll be leaving the spare fob in the truck, the 3 beeps irritates the crap out of me (and the neighbors).
There is an option to lower the horn chirp volume in AlphaOBD _-I may try it today and see to at least lowers the volume on the 3 chirps. Just waiting for my tablet to charge up.

Users who are viewing this thread