Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Honking - chirping - 3 three horn beeps honks chirps - when I leave my vehicle - merged threads

Motochris

Reaction score
Hope someone gets this figured out. It stinks to be out hunting and get out of truck to check out terrain ahead or tracks or whatever you get out for to check something and as soon as door shuts your horn is honking all the game away. BS that we can’t turn that off.
...or waking your neighbors at 4am when you get out to open the gate.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Hope someone gets this figured out. It stinks to be out hunting and get out of truck to check out terrain ahead or tracks or whatever you get out for to check something and as soon as door shuts your horn is honking all the game away. BS that we can’t turn that off.

I thought the damn lights were bad enough.

I think @Jimmy07 asked for an AlfaOBD dump from a 22 so he could look to see if there's an option that can be changed.

sstoner911

Reaction score
This is so annoying....its really the only thing I cant stand right now about this truck!

tolym

Reaction score
@RamCares We would like to see an update made that would allow us to turn off the three horn honks every time we exit the vehicle with the engine running. It is highly annoying.

I agree, we should be bugging the hell out of them about this. [mention]RamCares [/mention] you have to do something about this.

*2012 Ram 2500 MegaCab Laramie, 2 Tone Black and Silver.

*2022 Ram 3500 HO MegaCab Laramie Patriot Blue. (Ordered 8/7. At The Dealer, Have to pick up)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
@RamCares We would like to see an update made that would allow us to turn off the three horn honks every time we exit the vehicle with the engine running. It is highly annoying.

I agree, we should be bugging the hell out of them about this. [mention]RamCares [/mention] you have to do something about this.

*2012 Ram 2500 MegaCab Laramie, 2 Tone Black and Silver.

*2022 Ram 3500 HO MegaCab Laramie Patriot Blue. (Ordered 8/7. At The Dealer, Have to pick up)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greetings,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your honest feedback. We will make sure to document your request accordingly.

Rob
Ram Cares

Rockman

Reaction score
When I get my truck I will find it.. It will be in the bcm module.. estimated ship date for me is 1/6

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
When I get my truck I will find it.. It will be in the bcm module.. estimated ship date for me is 1/6
It’s not there. A member with a 2022 has given me all his info for his truck- BCM log, RF Hub log, and BCM configuration backup file (the file with all the manual request codes). I worked it all backwards on a 2020 BCM on the bench, manually configuring the bench BCM to match his settings, made a backup file, compared the lists of manual requests and they’re the same. So it doesn’t seem to be configurable. It’s most likely a feature that is automatically in the rf hub, just like remote tailgate release, with no way to change it.

Calef_HD

Reaction score
I visited my dealer last night and they could not disable the 3 honks. This is very annoying, not just for me but anyone within a half mile radius. @RamCares I would be okay with a chirp like the European cars make when locking the doors but not blasting the horn waking the dead. Please fix this ASAP.

sstoner911

Reaction score
The only fix I have found is to leave my wife in the truck with her FOB if I leave the truck running and Iam getting out!!

sstoner911

Reaction score
I was moving a 5th wheel for a customer today and Everytime I had to get out and check how close I was to frickin cactus, fence poles etc....the damn hor chirps 3 times and then everyone likes at me like Iam an A-Hole....

No just me and my Ram

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
I’d be OK with it if you at least set a delay, I’m not usually out of the truck for more than 30-60 seconds. I just leave the key in the center console for now.

sstoner911

Reaction score
Agreed. Less than 24 hours since delivery and I'm already over this ridiculous "feature". They can make it do this, but can't give me power folding mirrors?
You can order power folding mirrors... Or add them

nyfireman22

Reaction score
You can order power folding mirrors... Or add them
The power fold option was taken out of the Laramie and lower trim packages in September due to the microchip shortage. Only available on Limited (and probably Longhorn) trims.

Users who are viewing this thread