Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Honking - chirping - 3 three horn beeps honks chirps - when I leave my vehicle - merged threads

chaser

Reaction score
2022 2500 Big Horn. Same surprise. Hopefully somebody with more time and knowledge than me figures out how to disable it in AlfaOBD.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Put The plow light enable wire on a switch it wont use the headlights only the markers i have mine setup as i do plow with it but it is so handy when i need the headlights off even with the remote start or when i come in late with my camper i dont blind my family sitting at the fire as i back my trailer in
That fixes the headlights, but the rest of the annoying lights, including the bed/cab light still light up. You can press the cargo light button and close the door, but if you open any other door, everything lights up again.

There's a "police lighting" mode in AlfaOBD but the one time I enabled it, it messed up a bunch of things, including the power steps. IDK if it's intended for use with VSIM or similar upfitter boxes.

Christofo

Reaction score
I really hope someone comes up with a work around for the 3 beeps. It is driving me nuts on my 2022 already.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
That fixes the headlights, but the rest of the annoying lights, including the bed/cab light still light up. You can press the cargo light button and close the door, but if you open any other door, everything lights up again.

There's a "police lighting" mode in AlfaOBD but the one time I enabled it, it messed up a bunch of things, including the power steps. IDK if it's intended for use with VSIM or similar upfitter boxes.
Yes i can do that with my VSIM if i remember right

Combra6589

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Has anyone found a work around for the 3 horn beep alarm that’s supposedly new to 22? If you leave truck running and exit it beeps 3 times. Nothing in settings nor does dealer know a computer work around . Very obnoxious

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Has anyone found a work around for the 3 horn beep alarm that’s supposedly new to 22? If you leave truck running and exit it beeps 3 times. Nothing in settings nor does dealer know a computer work around . Very obnoxious

I think it only does that if you exit the truck while running and take the key fob with you? I thought the same thing. Obnoxious and can’t find anything in the vehicle settings to change it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firewall

Reaction score
Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 4.34.41 PM.pngAccording to the manual it can be shut off, I don't have my truck yet so I cannot verify!

js4024

Reaction score
View attachment 28076According to the manual it can be shut off, I don't have my truck yet so I cannot verify!
I don't think the 3 beeps when you leave the cab can be shut off... it is obnoxious!..... I scoured my settings and can turn off the remote start beep, the unlock beep, the door lock beep, the I left heart in San Francisco beep... but have not figured out that nasty 3 beep...... Let us know!

Firewall

Reaction score
I don't think the 3 beeps when you leave the cab can be shut off... it is obnoxious!..... I scoured my settings and can turn off the remote start beep, the unlock beep, the door lock beep, the I left heart in San Francisco beep... but have not figured out that nasty 3 beep...... Let us know!
The marvels of modern electronics! Maybe a teenager can hack the system lol!

Beranimus

Reaction score
If I leave my spare fob in console my truck doesn’t beep. Still locks and unlocks as it should.
Wouldn’t anyone be able to unlock the truck at all times with a spare key left inside the truck? My ‘22 3500 does the three honk and I hate it.

Diesel_Addict

Reaction score
My ford did this till I got FORScan and changed the setting. I was also able to set it so fog lights stayed on with high beams.

Does Alpha OBD allow this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pulling it

Reaction score
Wouldn’t anyone be able to unlock the truck at all times with a spare key left inside the truck? My ‘22 3500 does the three honk and I hate it.
I haven’t tried it yet but somebody said you can change it in settings. I read it last week just haven’t had time

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
No,

Surprisingly, it's smart enough to know another fob was used to lock and the one left in cab cannot unlock the truck using passive entry.

Verified this when a hunting buddy left my spare key in his backpack in the cab overnight and couldn't get in the next morning.

Last edited:

newmason

Reaction score
Definitely not in the settings through the radio screen. Would imagine its going to take OBD type device to turn it off, but I too hate it

Grayson

Reaction score
No,

Surprisingly, it's smart enough to know another fob was used to lock and the one left in cab cannot unlock the truck using passive entry.

Verified this when a hunting buddy left my spare key in his backpack in the cab overnight and couldn't get in the next morning.
images

Zippy53

Reaction score
Hope someone gets this figured out. It stinks to be out hunting and get out of truck to check out terrain ahead or tracks or whatever you get out for to check something and as soon as door shuts your horn is honking all the game away. BS that we can’t turn that off.

Users who are viewing this thread