Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Honking - chirping - 3 three horn beeps honks chirps - when I leave my vehicle - merged threads

KnightStream

Reaction score
2022 Ram 2500
When I leave my vehicle while it’s running, the lights flash and the horn chirps 3 times. Any idea how I might disable this?

jkbrereton

Reaction score
Are you leaving a key fob in the vehicle when you lock it?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

sstoner911

Reaction score
My truck will not allow me to lock the doors with the FOB in the vehicle - I would check the Door and Locks settings to see if there something in there...

sstoner911

Reaction score
Not sure if the alarm system will notify you of the alarm being triggered with horn chirps...

When you say it left running - you are locking it? I know I get a chime inside the cabin alerting me the FOB has left the vehicle - maybe its that?

jadmt

Reaction score
Probably when the fob gets too far away it is letting you know you left your car running ie in your garage that could be bad

sstoner911

Reaction score
I have the passive entry so a lot of times if I run in to a convience store I leave the truck running and lock it via the button on the door handle. I do not get a horn or flashing lghts...but it does chime 3 or 4 times in the cabin with a message that the FOB has left the vehicle. Maybe its a trim level thing...

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
It’s letting you know the Fob is gonna be out of range for truck. It should show a message on gauge cluster when it does it. Have somebody sit and watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I do not get the horn honk when leaving the vehicle while running, I do have "sound horn with lock" disabled in Uconnect. I don't remember it doing the 3 honks when left running before I disabled it though.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
2022 Ram 2500
When I leave my vehicle while it’s running, the lights flash and the horn chirps 3 times. Any idea how I might disable this?
In previous years, on ram trucks with push button start (through 2021), the only instance this will happen is when you leave the only detected key fob inside the truck, lock the doors from the switch on the inside of the door, and after you shut the door it will chirp 3 times and unlock the doors.
What you are describing is a normal feature on other vehicles, but was never a feature on the Rams. The only thing I can think is they added the feature for 2022 to alert you the truck is still running.

Users who are viewing this thread