Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High mileage?

gimmie11s

Reaction score
My 2015 has 117800ish miles on it. Tow every weekend to camping, and just made a trip to the beach returning over 18 MPG.

It is a true truck motor just like the V10 it replaces.

And the 6.4l goes through the same 300000 mile tests the Cummins does.

Very pleased with mine.

18 mpg!!?!? Who needs a Honda Civic when you can have a 3/4T 6.4 Ram truck!

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
18 mpg!!?!? Who needs a Honda Civic when you can have a 3/4T 6.4 Ram truck!
And that was without MDS. I seriously think I could have pulled 20 with it working.

And I do not think the family would have been real comfortable in a civic...qnd we would not have taken as much stuff

Noseimaj

Reaction score
I don’t envy those who reside in California.
Interesting; any way to replace the onboard tank with something larger like a Titantank?

B
California ain’t great, although it’s mountains are pretty and it’s where the work is at for the moment.

Titan only makes replacement diesel tanks for the Ram, California only allows tank swaps from one company which appears to be defunct.
Titan makes a Bumper Tire carrier tank that I’m considering getting as a way to carry an extra 12 gallons behind my spare
https://titanfueltanks.com/products/titan-trail-trekker-ii-4040287.

@about 25,000 miles on my 6.4L so far. Still super happy with it.

RAM Stag

Reaction score
I'm looking at upgrading to an 2015-2017 Ram 2500. So far most of the trucks I'm finding have approximately 60k-80k miles. I don't have much experience with the 6.4L, is this high milage for this engine? How many miles can I expect to get from the 6.4L being well maintained?

Thanks for all your input!
Just bought my 2016 2500 w/6.4L, has 37,000 miles right now, but I have read in a couple places a good 250K miles with good maintenance.

Mopar or no car

Reaction score
Update on my high mileage the truck made it to 355,000 miles before any major engine issues. Had a timing chain guide snap on it while towing uphill caused the engine to grenade I'm now in the process of a full rebuild of the motor just need to find all the parts to do it

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Update on my high mileage the truck made it to 355,000 miles before any major engine issues. Had a timing chain guide snap on it while towing uphill caused the engine to grenade I'm now in the process of a full rebuild of the motor just need to find all the parts to do it
Thats great life span for a gas engine in my books

Users who are viewing this thread