Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi from Fl, looking for a new truck.

Aseras

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new truck. I've still got my first new car, a 2000 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab SLT longbed. It's been through everything and still going, currently waiting on a new transmission. I've bought lots of new cars. 2001 civic, 2004 RX8, 2010 TDi Sportwagen, 2017 Subaru Outback Limited and a 2015 Chevy Volt.

I'm currently driving a 2014 Cadillac ELR. It's getting killed on my dirt ( crushed shell ) road though and I've decided to cave in and get a truck like everyone else out here west of I95 in "here be dragons" land of u-turns and nopes.

I'm currently looking at a 2500HD Diesel, probably a limited mega cab. There's some really tempting offers and 0% for 72 months on the 2018's. I definitely want 4wd. I wish the 2500's had the 4 corner air ride instead of only the leveling. I abhor the dash knob shifters and I need a diesel truck. I also wish the 2500's had the LED adaptive headlights. If I could get a 1500 Limited with a column shifter and a diesel I'd not have any dilemas. I also want the ram box storage.

My perfect truck would be a PHEV 2500HD/3500HD SRW diesel with a 50+ mile EV only range and power export ( generator power receptacles to provide backup or worksite power ), 4 corner air, adaptive led and the limited crew or megacab without a sunroof. Maybe one day soon.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Welcome!

The 6.7 will drop your payload a good bit in the 2500... close to the range of a lightly equipped 1500.
The 2019 2500 does have the adaptive LED headlights in the higher trims, unless you are specifically talking about the 2018s.

Aseras

Reaction score
Im not totally against the Hemi engines but I'm not hauling much in the bed. The payload weights arent an issue for me. I primarily want the diesel for towing and longevity. I have a small ranch, all my stuff is diesel, tractors, front end loaders. A diesel truck with a transfer tank would save me lot of messes using roller caddies to fill in town for off road diesel.
That said I've got an RV that can tow practically anything down the road sideways and has a class 5 hitch.

Ive seen the packages and was looking at the leftover 2018s that are getting blown out. i do like the 2019s more but I've not seen any that have what I like. Id have to order it, which is ok.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Im not totally against the Hemi engines but I'm not hauling much in the bed. The payload weights arent an issue for me. I primarily want the diesel for towing and longevity.

Payload plays a good part in how much you can tow... that's the main reason I got rid of my 2019 1500 Limited, not enough payload to tow what I wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread