Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here you can freely post your concerns about the CP4 fuel pump - free range just keep it civil.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I just got a email from nhtsa
I sold my rammer but wanted to share this information

NHTSA Recall ID Number : 21V880
Manufacturer : Chrysler (FCA US, LLC)
Subject : High Pressure Fuel Pump May Fail
Make Model Model Years
RAM 2500 2019-2020
RAM 3500 2019-2020
RAM 4500 2019-2020
RAM 5500 2019-2020

Not sure what the fix is but this is good news
Thats all they sent?

Cummins3

Reaction score
It was a email blhablha bla about recall and contact dealer to get it done but yes the good info was that hat I sent

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
It was a email blhablha bla about recall and contact dealer to get it done but yes the good info was that hat I sent

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Awesome i hope we can get a solution soon so i can delete it lol

exiledinaz

Reaction score
I just got a email from nhtsa
I sold my rammer but wanted to share this information

NHTSA Recall ID Number : 21V880
Manufacturer : Chrysler (FCA US, LLC)
Subject : High Pressure Fuel Pump May Fail
Make Model Model Years
RAM 2500 2019-2020
RAM 3500 2019-2020
RAM 4500 2019-2020
RAM 5500 2019-2020

Not sure what the fix is but this is good news
Looked it up but could not find it. Any fix mentioned?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Dealer parts order for the Y78 recall opened up yesterday (May 10).

Best get it in ASAP or get in a LONG line.

I took mine in today for "inspection" the dealer claimed was required. All they did was verify the ESN and check the pump hadn't been replaced. No codes, asked me if I was having any trouble. I didn't want to pile on so I'll wait until they call to schedule and tell them there's an oil leak at the front somewhere. It's not dripping, so no real concern just yet.

This high volume dealer can only order 1 kit/week. Some are getting less allocations than that. I'm told there are only two others in front of me. 3-4 weeks and mine should be done. :cool:

They also did the Z08 wiper arm recall while he was under the hood. They get .1 hour for that one, LOL.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I called the dealer today. They said "It is a popular recall today. We have had a lot of calls this morning. We will put you on the list." Crap, I thought I was put on the list months ago.

Randyhut

Reaction score
Here is the issue, it would take 450 people a year to do the 180,000 rucks that DON'T have metal shavings - IF they worked full time on just this issue. Add to that 300 people to do the 60k that will have shavings. IF that was all they had to do. This is a monumental work task that they are NOT equipped to handle. The dealers are getting flooded with requests. then you add to that the PCM issues, the addition of parts that they didn't account for and you have a cluster ____.
I think that my dealer is doing the best he can with the cards dealt - even if my truck just got pushed out another week, due to parts and scheduling. He added help to the diesel tech to do the things that don't require a diesel guy, the tank, the lines, and other stuff.

The group that allowed this to happen, at Cummins and Dodge - SHOULD BE FIRED! Bosch should be footing the bill for this!
Cummins could also be involved with the repairs, especially the units that just need pump exchanged.

Just my $0.02

I will no longer trust Dodge\Cummins NAME without doing some homework - this is my second truck. FIRST one 18 years - Little trouble -- 2nd one 3 months of 12 in the shop, not fixed yet.

Last edited:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Here is the issue, it would take 450 people a year to do the 180,000 rucks that DON'T have metal shavings - IF they worked full time on just this issue. Add to that 300 people to do the 60k that will have shavings. IF that was all they had to do. This is a monumental work task that they are NOT equipped to handle. The dealers are getting flooded with requests. then you add to that the PCM issues, the addition of parts that they didn't account for and you have a cluster ____.
I think that my dealer is doing the best he can with the cards dealt - even if my truck just got pushed out another week, due to parts and scheduling. He added help to the diesel tech to do the things that don't require a diesel guy, the tank, the lines, and other stuff.

The group that allowed this to happen, at Cummins and Dodge - SHOULD BE FIRED! Bosch should be footing the bill for this!
Cummins could also be involved with the repairs, especially the units that just need pump exchanged.

Just my $0.02

I will no longer trust Dodge\Cummins NAME without doing some homework - this is my second truck. FIRST one 18 years - Little trouble -- 2nd one 3 months of 12 in the shop, not fixed yet.
Its ALL ram who made the decision for the CP4 not cummins

Users who are viewing this thread