Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here you can freely post your concerns about the CP4 fuel pump - free range just keep it civil.

renagade69

Reaction score
I still don't get it. All the people bent out of shape because a part may fail down the road. It's almost as bad as losing sleep because a tire may blow or an alternator may not charge one day. If it bothers you convert it but do not let it rule your life. All the other MFGs use versions of the CP4. I bet the actual failures are not as bad as it looks. I own two and they run every day in my fleet. Great trucks.

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
You must have missed the part where it takes out the entire fuel system and causes 5 figure damage. Unless your tire blows and you roll the truck, the other things you mentioned aren't going to cause catastrophic damage to other parts shutting down the truck for weeks or months.

renagade69

Reaction score
You must have missed the part where it takes out the entire fuel system and causes 5 figure damage. Unless your tire blows and you roll the truck, the other things you mentioned aren't going to cause catastrophic damage to other parts shutting down the truck for weeks or months.

My point is there are way more working cp4's out there. If you cant lump the fuel pump sell the truck. Your truck will not last long on the market. They are working just fine on a lot of trucks.

Last edited:

kobra

Reaction score
Yes, there should be a whole new website just for CP4s!
Is CP4rams.com available?

I can see the list of forums now:
-CP4 General
-CP4 News
-CP4 New Member Introductions
-CP4 Exterior
-CP4 Interior
-CP4 Member Builds

Man, this is going to be AWESOME!!!

B

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Sooo that’s how they are gunna keep the metal out of the injectors...plastic pump components....ata boy FCA.;)

Phil T

Reaction score
Non sequitur

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

carlrx7

Reaction score
I have zero concerns over my CP4 pump failing. I control what I can control. I always run a Top Tier fuel and diesel additive, but stuff can happen. Bad fuel will wipe out any pump, that's what insurance is for! Besides, I also chose to purchase an 8-yr/125k Mopar warranty for everything in between. If I get to 125k, there will be plenty of conversion kits or a TSB/Recalls to patch/fix. I would think there would be more uproar about the trash NEXEN tires!!!!

I do agree that we should make a private (members only visible and Untaggable) CP4 forum section. That way the 95% of us can actually enjoy the forum and can ignore all the CP4 crying. Shout out to @Brutal_HO for the hard work. I would not want your job. (hope you get paid!!)

-cb

"You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space." Johnny Cash

red

Reaction score
Seems like FCA has occasionally cited bad fuel as a reason for denying warranty when a CP4 craps the bed. Where do you think the tech takes the fuel sample from? I'd say the easiest place possible which is from one of the filters. If my CP4 fails, I plan to drain both filters completely and cycle the ignition at least three times before the tuck goes on the tow hook to ensure any water build-up has been removed.

flan

Reaction score
I’ve only seen that mentioned once, and the fuel looked like a milkshake and the fuel filters were no name knockoffs from china. So far they have been stepping up. The parts delay is the kick in the dick everyone is most frustrated about on the few failures that have happened.

Users who are viewing this thread