Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here you can freely post your concerns about the CP4 fuel pump - free range just keep it civil.

Relentless

Reaction score
To have to pay out of pocket, swap parts, configure a "work around" just to keep a pump failure, which will occur, not a matter of IF, but WHEN (fuel pumps don't last forever) , from destroying your engine, with a bill attached to it of $10k up to $25 is ridiculous.

I didn't pay a "work around" price for the vehicle.

If a recall is not issued soon, I'm looking at going with the manufacturer that's now using a Denso pump, or going back to a gasser asap.

I'll be getting rid of my 2020 CP4 glitter bomb asap before the word spreads even more, ending up with a lemon model year that you won't be able to pay someone to take off your hands, even those not in the know.

[MOD: HPFP Recall issued 11-11-2021]

Compliments of @Jimmy07 :

Here’s two advanced communications for it:

Last edited by a moderator:

2manyprojects

Reaction score
Like everyone else, I'm reading / watching with anticipation (and a little anxiety) over this whole issue. This is my first RAM/Cummins, but lived thru the VW diesel adventure (2010 Jetta TDI), traded a 2016 BMW 328D for this truck, and currently have a 2017 Chev Colorado mini-Duramax which has actually performed admirably in the 47K we've had it so far. I'm more than a little disheartened that there is a potential durability issue with my RAM Cummins, as I bought into the brand largely based on the reputation and fact that is was supposed to be a well established design.

While I'm as anxious as everyone else to hear from FCA, I would point out that hearing a response soon is highly unlikely during the Holidays, as even big corporate giants have many people away during this time, and given the pandemic this is likely even more the case.

I'm trying a different contact means; going through the owner's portal with MOPAR customer service. Attached is the message. Figure it can't hurt to try...

Attachments

• 2020-12-28 MOPAR Customer email regarding CP4 Fuel Pump concerns.pdf
    64.5 KB · Views: 78

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm probably not the only one that is tired of seeing off topic rants in the mostly technical threads.

No foul language or disrespecting @RamCares, they're here to help as much as they are able.

Let's keep the rants out of the technical threads discussing the CP4 and/or CP3. Don't be surprised to find posts moved to this thread.

Relentless

Reaction score
There are soooo many post after post about what tire size will fit, what lift kit, etc, why aren't those a problem too?

Little bit CP4-aphobic? Or maybe working with FCA to help cover up an issue?

People spend the majority cost of a house on a vehicle to find out its a POS, and actually depend on a vehicle to make a living for their family with, and if they don't hold hands dancing in a circle cheering about that pos then they get reprimanded.

I bet the majority of the ones bitchin about the bitchin are the ones riding around on oversized rims with rubber band thin tires, courtesy of daddy's money.

Not sure which is worse, the "bitch sessions" or the "bitching sessions about the bitch sessions"

Sounds like social media censorship at its finest, only allowed to discuss what you want people to discuss

It very well might be all these "bitch sessions" why the 2021's have a better pump now

So instead of bitchin about the bitchin you might want to thank all those guys in the threads

Last edited:

Xflight29

Reaction score
There are soooo many post after post about what tire size will fit, what lift kit, etc, why aren't those a problem too?

Little bit CP4-aphobic? Or maybe working with FCA to help cover up an issue?

People spend the majority cost of a house on a vehicle to find out its a POS, and actually depend on a vehicle to make a living for their family with, and if they don't hold hands dancing in a circle cheering about that pos then they get reprimanded.

I bet the majority of the ones bitchin about the bitchin are the ones riding around on oversized rims with rubber band thin tires, courtesy of daddy's money.

Not sure which is worse, the "bitch sessions" or the "bitching sessions about the bitch sessions"

Sounds like social media censorship at its finest, only allowed to discuss what you want people to discuss

It very well might be all these "bitch sessions" why the 2021's have a better pump now

So instead of bitchin about the bitchin you might want to thank all those guys in the threads
If you are so concerned about it why haven't you traded it in yet?

jared43758

Reaction score
I’m concerned but don’t wanna trade it in. It’s my first new truck. I’ve got it setup the way I want, I don’t wanna start over. I want fca to make it right like every one else. My own opinion is there will be no making it right if everyone stays quiet and moves on.

Relentless

Reaction score
I’m concerned but don’t wanna trade it in. It’s my first new truck. I’ve got it setup the way I want, I don’t wanna start over. I want fca to make it right like every one else. My own opinion is there will be no making it right if everyone stays quiet and moves on.

Exactly.

Cover up, hide the complaints and concerns, and guaranteed it will never be addressed, and you'll end up with a vehicle no one wants due to a known issue

Imagine 5+ years from now, a used 2020 RAM, out of warranty with an issue that will cost $10k to $25 to fix, or $3 to $5k to prevent the issue.

You think the old Ford Diesels, having to Bulletproof them just to get it reliable brings the selling / trade-in price down, just wait.

There are tons of post that bother me, I just ignore them and move on, it's called being an adult.

If the CP4 post, concerns, complaints, discussions, bother people so much, then don't read or follow them.

I guess if/when there is a recall, or dealer paid fix for it for it, those that are so mad about all the cp4 post should sit back and let the rest go first in line to get the fix, because it surely wasn't a result of their efforts.

Relentless

Reaction score
If you are so concerned about it why haven't you traded it in yet?
If you're not concerned about it then why let others bother you that are, follow the threads and take time bitchin about the bitchin?

Don't follow them, don't read them, move on.

Others are trying to voice their concerns and make it known, make a better vehicle even better

You think they switched pump designs on 2021 models because everyone was tickled pink on the CP4?

Relentless

Reaction score
Gentlemen you are missing the point here. The mods aren't trying to suppress information or keep you from being able to speak out against this unfortunate situation....

The mods are however asking people are about to post in this specific thread to keep it on the topic of the technical / recall / tsb etc.. And if it's not that (ie a bitch session for legit reason) to take it to one of the other (multiple) threads

Some people are still getting spun up on this whole thing and they deserve a place to help them... Without having to wade through hundreds of posts that are more emotional than practical. Again, **** situation, fca deserves the lashing, just take it to the many other threads and leave this one island of practical info.
The mod didn't provide specific post to discuss the situation in, rather just send a bunch of links on other post that "offend" them for whatever reason.

A responsible reaction would be to create a specific post, leave out things like "bitch season", be a professional, be thankful all these so called "bitch seasons" are making a difference, and kindly ask people to move the discussion to a specific thread group, and not throw a tantrum because people are concerned about something you're not, and then make threats to delete it

Ostracize

Reaction score
The mod didn't provide specific post to discuss the situation in, rather just send a bunch of links on other post that "offend" them for whatever reason.

A responsible reaction would be to create a specific post, leave out things like "bitch season", be a professional, be thankful all these so called "bitch seasons" are making a difference, and kindly ask people to move the discussion to a specific thread group, and not throw a tantrum because people are concerned about something you're not, and then make threats to delete it

Yes, he did provide specific posts...6 of them
There are so many more, pick your poison.

I probably missed a few...

Here you go, post away:

And the very last one is exactly what you said.. A place to bitch freely

Relentless

Reaction score
Yes, he did provide specific posts...6 of them

And the very last one is exactly what you said.. A place to bitch freely
Not in the original "bitch" post

And sending a half dozen links is not specific

But since we are getting specific then, and now forced to be politically correct even with discussions about trucks because I might "hurt someone's feelings"

What about rims, lifts, oil brands, bed covers, paint issues, running boards, lights, waxes, ceramic coatings, exhausts, deletes, etc?

I'm soooo sick of seeing so many post about the same crap, hurts my feelings, so when will all those be deleted and consolidated into a single thread?

Xflight29

Reaction score
If you're not concerned about it then why let others bother you that are, follow the threads and take time bitchin about the bitchin?

Don't follow them, don't read them, move on.

Others are trying to voice their concerns and make it known, make a better vehicle even better

You think they switched pump designs on 2021 models because everyone was tickled pink on the CP4?
its unproductive because your not complaining to the people who can resolve the issue. RamCare could care less if it ever gets resolved. Try complaining to the consumer protective office or the state attorney. If your so against the way this form operates why are you even on here?

kobra

Reaction score
Not in the original "bitch" post

And sending a half dozen links is not specific

But since we are getting specific then, and now forced to be politically correct even with discussions about trucks because I might "hurt someone's feelings"

What about rims, lifts, oil brands, bed covers, paint issues, running boards, lights, waxes, ceramic coatings, exhausts, deletes, etc?

I'm soooo sick of seeing so many post about the same crap, hurts my feelings, so when will all those be deleted and consolidated into a single thread?

Aw, and I almost believed you when you called yourself an adult. :confused:

Rich -- is that you??

B

Users who are viewing this thread