Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP

08Cummins

Reaction score
Okay so I have a 08 6.7 and I’ve been having many problems lately I have had low fuel pressure codes and low b circuit code as well so I changed my cam shaft sensor my low and high fuel pressure sensor because the truck was acting funny and sometimes it would start and have no power then turn off won’t start for awhile so when I changed the fuel sensors and filters it now doesn’t start I’ve put gas on a rag to get it started it was the only way to get it to start and I had to keep it from idle or it would die and the whole time it was running it just dumped so much white smoke and when I turned it off I thought it was oil coming from the exhaust well until it washed away with water so I’m guessing it’s fuel washing my exhaust I ohm all my injectors I’ve got .0 on all don’t know any one who’s injectors went out all at the same time but I’m just wondering if there’s anything else I need to look before spending the money on injectors because the truck ran amazing I don’t have much experience on 6.7s

Thank you.

Attachments

• B400DDA0-C046-4AC8-8EB3-C66166D843CF.jpeg
    B400DDA0-C046-4AC8-8EB3-C66166D843CF.jpeg
    905 KB · Views: 20

Jacob

Reaction score
I'm not a cummins guy but here's my thoughts:
1. Start at the low pressure side of the fuel system. Verify you are getting good flow up to the high pressure pump.
2. If you are getting clouds of white smoke, sometimes it can be the tip is damaged on an injector. It is possible to cap off the line going to each injector one at a time. Not sure what you could use as a cap. Ive used the fitting from an old fuel line and brazed it closed. When you get to the bad injector that is dumping fuel, it might start and then run with just a miss.
3. If you aren't getting codes for all injectors, I doubt they all failed electrically (solenoid).
I dont know what low b circuit code means.
My internet troubleshooting advice.
Edit: injector possibly stuck open, not necessarily broken tip?
Edit: Also check wiring harness for worn terminals, damage etc. To injectors, sensors, scv, etc

Last edited:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Pull the injectors an look at them see if they look all the same at the tip its not a bad idea to get them tested but how many miles are on them?

08Cummins

Reaction score
Pull the injectors an look at them see if they look all the same at the tip its not a bad idea to get them tested but how many miles are on them?
I took one out didn’t look too bad the truck has 270,000 but these aren’t the stock one so idk how old they are

08Cummins

Reaction score
I'm not a cummins guy but here's my thoughts:
1. Start at the low pressure side of the fuel system. Verify you are getting good flow up to the high pressure pump.
2. If you are getting clouds of white smoke, sometimes it can be the tip is damaged on an injector. It is possible to cap off the line going to each injector one at a time. Not sure what you could use as a cap. Ive used the fitting from an old fuel line and brazed it closed. When you get to the bad injector that is dumping fuel, it might start and then run with just a miss.
3. If you aren't getting codes for all injectors, I doubt they all failed electrically (solenoid).
I dont know what low b circuit code means.
My internet troubleshooting advice.
Edit: injector possibly stuck open, not necessarily broken tip?
Edit: Also check wiring harness for worn terminals, damage etc. To injectors, sensors, scv, etc
Okay I will try to do that today thank you

Users who are viewing this thread