Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with the 8.4 with Nav please anyone (solved)

ericcloe

Reaction score
Getting a little frustrated with the NAV swap. I am not finding much from people who have went from the 5" uconnect in a tradesman to the 8.4 with Nav. I have the touchscreen controls working and can control the air from that. The radio stations tune fine. I can't turn the audio up or down on using the knob or the steering wheel audio controls. I know the speakers work with the unit cause I get audio from the navigation when navigating and I get audio during calls. That all comes through loud and clear. I have been working with Jimmy and he has had me change a few settings on alfaodb but still cant get it to work. The backup camera has never showed up either it says unavailable. I am going on 4 days of messing with this now. I have pulled power a couple time for several hours. I have drove around several times. I have let it sit a a couple of times overnight. Still can't get the knobs to work or the backup camera. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

ericcloe

Reaction score
Found that the harness I was using for the upgrade one of the connectors was wired reversed. Fixed the pins and that fixed the issue. The radio now works as expected.

BigJim

Reaction score
I'm curious about how you did your upgrade. Did you get a new screen and nav unit and if so from where? I have the 8.4 but does not have nav and I would like to add it. Any help would be great as I'm not finding much out about this upgrade, everyone seems to want the 12 inch screen which I don't like. Thanks!

ericcloe

Reaction score
I ordered the one with NAV on ebay. It is the step up from the one you have. The 8.4 with nav is called a 4c or UAV code radio

BigJim

Reaction score
Thanks! That never came up on internet searches so I never thought to try Ebay. I'm going to check that out right away! Thanks!!!

BigJim

Reaction score
Well darn, just been over on Ebay and none of the units for sale are for my 2021 truck. Grrrr.... I don't know why I just can't buy the parts from the dealer or a parts yard. Thanks for the advice, maybe in time they will become available for my truck.

dmschere

Reaction score
Do you have the pinout that fixed your screen? I just did the swap and think I have the same issue.

garyp

Reaction score
I ordered the one with NAV on ebay. It is the step up from the one you have. The 8.4 with nav is called a 4c or UAV code radio
i just bought 2021 tradesman with connect 3 with 5 inch screen want a bigger one. anyone have ideas to what i can put in an if i need addionial hardware to buy.. had it only one month looking for plug an play need a model number to buy

Users who are viewing this thread