Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help need

smat75

Reaction score
Hi, I’m new here, Have a 2020 ram 3500 tradesman. Want to add steering wheel heated. I put a new center stack with the heated button, new clock spring with heated wheel option and and 2021 ram 3500 bighorn leather heated steering. I buy alfaobd full version, change the settings like I read in here and still don’t work, I’m out of idea with what is missing. Tia

Last edited:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Hi, I’m new here, Have a 2020 ram 3500 tradesman. Want to add steering wheel heated. I put a new center stack with the heated button, new clock spring with heated wheel option and and 2021 ram 3500 bighorn leather heated steering. I buy alfaobd full version, change the settings like I read in here and still don’t work, I’m out of idea with what is missing. Tia
Do you have the security bypass cable?

smat75

Reaction score
Hi, I’m new here. Have a 2020 ram 3500 tradesman. Want to add steering wheel heated. I put a new center stack with the heated button, new clock spring with heated wheel option and and 2021 ram 3500 bighorn leather heated steering. I buy alfaobd full version, change the settings like I read in here and still don’t work, I’m out of idea with what is missing. Tia
Do you have the security bypass cable?
Yes I have the cable. Right now the radio soft touch just appear but the wheel won’t heat, if a press the soft touch it doesn’t turn red

Wheelz

Reaction score
Yes I have the cable. Right now the radio soft touch just appear but the wheel won’t heat, if a press the soft touch it doesn’t turn red
Out of curiosity, how did you plug in the bypass cable? Reason I ask, is because myself couldnt reprogram my tire size for the life of me....it just wouldnt accept my new size...after asking brutal and jimmy what i was doing wrong. Turns out I connected my bypass wrong..I didnt plug in the the obd male plug of the bypass into the truck's obd port and I had the obd reading off the wrong dongle. Duhh

Users who are viewing this thread