Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello

Gio

Reaction score
Hello, newbie here. Currently have a 2016 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW. We need to upgrade to a DRW due to buying a 5th wheel. Currently living in Alaska so DRW is slim pickings. I was thinking of ordering but worried it wouldn't get here in time for our move to Oklahoma in June. (we are military) I'm going to look at all those talking about their orders and kind of gauge if its feasible. There is a 2019 Limited up here at a dealership but with the CP4 issue we are weary of buying it. We know about the aftermarket kits out there but we are worried about the warranty being voided out. Thats another thing I plan on looking at in this forum. Thanks.

flan

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. It will be getting a bulletproof pump in the near future through the Y78 recall. It’s a safe buy.

Reactions: Gio

Gio

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. It will be getting a bulletproof pump in the near future through the Y78 recall. It’s a safe buy.
Thanks! I am glad to be here.
My only worry is we won’t get it in time to move. We need this truck to move our 5th wheel from Alaska to Oklahoma. I called RAM and they did tell me if we did the cp3 conversion it would void the warranty.

flan

Reaction score
Thanks! I am glad to be here.
My only worry is we won’t get it in time to move. We need this truck to move our 5th wheel from Alaska to Oklahoma. I called RAM and they did tell me if we did the cp3 conversion it would void the warranty.
Ram has reimbursed people who have done the conversion after they submitted the bill to ramcares once the Y78 came out, so I don’t know if it’s a grey area warranty wise going forward. It seems like once they reimburse they own it, I have a feeling Ram reps doing the reimbursing just don’t know what they are looking at!

flan

Reaction score
Also many CP4 have made it well over 100k no issues. 4% failure rate according to the recall. I go on out of state trips many times a year with the RV and the thought does not even cross my mind.

Gio

Reaction score
Also many CP4 have made it well over 100k no issues. 4% failure rate according to the recall. I go on out of state trips many times a year with the RV and the thought does not even cross my mind.
Do you add the fuel additive like I have read others do? I just don’t want to move and get stuck in Canada and have no way to fix it. Then knowing my luck the boarders will shut down again and my 5th wheel and truck are stuck in Canada.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service. How big is your fiver? Your current 3500 SRW should be able to handle most fivers for that trip. I have friends that have done the Alaska Highway with their fivers without a DRW. Maybe you order a new truck and pick up after you reach OK.

Gio

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service. How big is your fiver? Your current 3500 SRW should be able to handle most fivers for that trip. I have friends that have done the Alaska Highway with their fivers without a DRW. Maybe you order a new truck and pick up after you reach OK.
Thank you so much! We have a 40ft grand design solitude 377mbs. It’s heavy, but the issue isn’t pulling it, it’s the issue of payload. With the family in it we go over the payload amount.

flan

Reaction score
Do you add the fuel additive like I have read others do? I just don’t want to move and get stuck in Canada and have no way to fix it. Then knowing my luck the boarders will shut down again and my 5th wheel and truck are stuck in Canada.
I have not ran any additive for lubricity since new. I have no need to run my truck in the winter, but my other diesels I run Howe’s diesel anti gel for a little extra security against waxing of the diesel fuel.

Users who are viewing this thread