Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heating Problems?

RhodeIslandShawn

Reaction score
I have 2014 Ram2500 Cummins and I’ve lost heat on the drivers side. I’ve read that this is common and want to know if anyone has had this same issue but was covered on the bumper to bumper extended warranty. Thank you in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ctuck0659

Reaction score
Don't know about the warranty but my passenger heat didn't work nor would it blow air out the defrost vents. Dealer wanted $2000.00 to replace faulty actuators. I replaced one myself which turned out to not even be the problem. I'm convinced its a software problem that FCA doesn't have a fix for so I ended up disconnecting the pass. floor and defrost actuators from the system and wired them into 2 pole reverse-polarity rocker switches mounted in the little cubby hole beside the HVAC controls. Works perfectly.

Mikeyram

Reaction score
Don't know about the warranty but my passenger heat didn't work nor would it blow air out the defrost vents. Dealer wanted $2000.00 to replace faulty actuators. I replaced one myself which turned out to not even be the problem. I'm convinced its a software problem that FCA doesn't have a fix for so I ended up disconnecting the pass. floor and defrost actuators from the system and wired them into 2 pole reverse-polarity rocker switches mounted in the little cubby hole beside the HVAC controls. Works perfectly.
Very clever. Sometimes it pays to put common sense to work

Users who are viewing this thread