Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headlight lissue

brian_neubert

Reaction score
New to the group and thanks for any help in advance. 2019 mega cab w/ Cummins

My truck has recently started having and issue with just the LED accent lights ( eyebrow lights). I know that they stay on all the time while th struck is running but mine have started to stay in after the truck is shut off. This happens at random times and they will stay in until the battery pretty much dies. The most recent time it was dead for about 4 days because I was out of town. After I put it on the charger overnight it started just fine but had to put in the anti theft code for the radio to work. Two weeks later it did it again and my wife just left it alone until I got home(3-4 days). Before I put it on the charger I tried to remote start time it started right up.

I took it to dealership and since it’s tuned the said they were locked out of the security gateway and there was nothing they could do. It was fine at the dealership for 4 days until
My wife went to pick it up for me. She went to start it and it was dead. The accent right came in after the attempt to start it and would not shut off.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for any input.

areuriding

Reaction score
Your tuner locked the tune. You'll need they key code from them.

brian_neubert

Reaction score
Your tuner locked the tune. You'll need they key code from them.
I have gotten the radio code from the dealer already. I was more asking if anyone had any idea why the accent lights where staying in after the ignition is turned off. Truck has been tuned for almost 20,000 miles with now issues.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Pull your bypass cable off then the dealer can access the gateway

areuriding

Reaction score
I have gotten the radio code from the dealer already. I was more asking if anyone had any idea why the accent lights where staying in after the ignition is turned off. Truck has been tuned for almost 20,000 miles with now issues.
Since it's tuned a lot of tuners will lock the tune when they're finished. It has nothing to do with the radio.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Since it's tuned a lot of tuners will lock the tune when they're finished. It has nothing to do with the radio.
Maybe garbage tuners will do that. I have never seen a good company ever lock the ECM with a tune

areuriding

Reaction score
Maybe garbage tuners will do that. I have never seen a good company ever lock the ECM with a tune
Very common anymore, I've had several cars tuned and have used 3 different tuners and all 3 are very reputable in the race world. All 3 locked the tunes so it couldn't be tampered with and changed by mistake. My current Redeye is locked and it was tuned by the best, who also holds the record 1/4 mile Challenger.

Users who are viewing this thread