Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hazard button

hawkuh60

Reaction score
I am looking for a part number for the hazard button switch bank from a 2500. I would like to see if I can use the left and right buttons as an aux switch in my 1500 ram. thanks

Attachments

• ram switch.png
    ram switch.png
    413.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I am looking for a part number for the hazard button switch bank. I would like to see if I can use the left and right buttons as an aux switch in my 1500 ram. thanks
You may have better luck on the 5thgenram forum with 1/2 ton questions but there is a P/N thread here you can try out to see for a part number if no one can get back to you here

hawkuh60

Reaction score
You may have better luck on the 5thgenram forum with 1/2 ton questions but there is a P/N thread here you can try out to see for a part number if no one can get back to you here
I should of said the hazard switch bank from a 2500. I m looking to see if it will work in a 1500.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you going to make them mechanical somehow or hack the LIN bus?

Those are digital pulses on the connections...

hawkuh60

Reaction score
Well I guess based on your comment probably not I was hoping they were a little more mechanical and I could use the left and right button as an auxiliary switch seems like such a waste to have what could be two buttons that do nothing in my 1500. I don't know why Ram can't get it together it can't be that hard to build in factory auxiliary switches in every model or at least making an option.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Well I guess based on your comment probably not I was hoping they were a little more mechanical and I could use the left and right button as an auxiliary switch seems like such a waste to have what could be two buttons that do nothing in my 1500. I don't know why Ram can't get it together it can't be that hard to build in factory auxiliary switches in every model or at least making an option.

I know not 100% factory, but just put in S-pod or Trigger.

There's a thread on 5thgenrams for using an overhead pod for the s-pod stuff.

hawkuh60

Reaction score
There's a guy working on aux switches for 5g 1500s. He's close to being ready to market with oem switches. I thought maybe I could make a use of the hazard button panel. I assume it's probably part of the 12 in screen.
I pages through a bunch or parts lists on Mopar but couldn't find it.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
There's a guy working on aux switches for 5g 1500s. He's close to being ready to market with oem switches. I thought maybe I could make a use of the hazard button panel. I assume it's probably part of the 12 in screen.
I pages through a bunch or parts lists on Mopar but couldn't find it.

I know @Jimmy07 and some members over there have been working to find a way to get the factory HD AUX switch panels working in the 1500's, but I think he's been focusing more on getting UC5 retrofit working.

Is this something else?

Users who are viewing this thread