Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gun Holster/Magnet for Cab of Truck

McHenry2500

Reaction score
Recently someone gave me a "gun magnet" like the one in the link below. I was curious if anyone here had installed a similar device and where did you put it?

https://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-Mount-Holster-Vehicle-Home/dp/B01LXCJHKG

I forget what brand mine is but it'll hold my full size 9mm (17+1) with the streamlight attached. I'm more curious if I could drill the small screws that come with it into the hard plastic on the lower dash?

If anyone has any experience with a similar mount please let me know. I'll try to post pictures when I get mine installed.

McHenry2500

Reaction score
After looking around online I couldn't find anyone had installed a similar product in a new ram? I think I'm going to put it in the red box area in the picture below.

My concerns are:
1. Would it be ok to use the small screws included to attach it to the plastic? My concern is for what's behind the panel.
2. Would the weight of my pistol crack that plastic over time? I don't plan on having it on the magnet holster all the time, but it will be there when I'm traveling.

Attachments

• dash_LI.jpg
    dash_LI.jpg
    474.9 KB · Views: 89

McHenry2500

Reaction score
Magnets are for holding the kids artwork on the refrigerator

holsters hold a pistol securely, cover the trigger guard, and prevent access to the trigger while drawing

they are not interchangeable

it is a stupid idea, especially in a moving vehicle.
Have you had any issue with using one of these magnet mounts?

Ironcowboy

Reaction score
I have one mounted. It works really well. I put it in the pocket area in the lower center of the dash. Screwed into the top. I put a .380 or 9mm on it, you can't see it and it's easily accessible. Haven't had it bounce off yet.

1651Naismith

Reaction score

whitexc

Reaction score
In a holster in ma pants....before the boating accident. Really though, NY here so it must be concealed....at all times.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score

4C71BB5D-C5A5-445A-B27D-66811FE883B6.png11CD8BD7-BBCE-4C6D-AD5B-DEB73F71F0E7.png

McHenry2500

Reaction score
That's a cool design but I'd be worried about hitting my pistol with my boot while driving. Also, doesn't seem very ergonomic/safe if I ever needed to draw it fast.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score

View attachment 13553View attachment 13554

The nail clippers though. I always need those handy in my truck. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread