Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gun Holster/Magnet for Cab of Truck

Robtheelder

Reaction score
LOL I am not defending anyone's position. Their position is THEIRs and nothing that anyone says on a forum will make that different. Better to have a weapon on a magnet than not have one when you need it.

I have seen humans do a lot of things with weapons since 1966 when the US Government issued me mine. Nothing surprises me.

IndyRamMega

Reaction score
Bro, I could say the same for your own view. I don't think highly of my own opinion, I think highly of the opinion of those who know much more than I do. I am at least providing details as to why I think certain decisions are bad. All you're saying is that I'm wrong. Let me try this again:
  • I already said why a sneaky pete is a poor holster. Leather holsters are ok but I'd recommend 99% of users towards kydex. It's gotten much, much better over the years and as R&D has been done they are also much more comfortable, and stable.
  • Leather ages and gets less stiff, which can result in accidents. Leather holsters can be worn for comfort, but generally best to avoid overtraining with them, or at least making sure they are still in optimal condition.
  • Any of these oddball holsters (sneaky pete, those oddball leather flap holsters for "deep" carry, etc.) are generally a no-go and 90% of people that use them generally don't train with them.
  • IWB holster options are a dime a dozen, there are some great names out there, you should be mostly sticking with kydex on both sides. These half fabric half kydex holsters can be ok options, but full kydex is generally the best recommendation.
  • My view on thumb safety is based off modern striker fired firearms and modern theory of pistol dynamics. If you feel that a thumb safety on a pistol is necessary, then by all means, but I don't see any current guys, either in the competitive shooting realm or in the "tactical" realm using them as they are unnecessary additions. Again, if you feel it has to be there then by all means, they make them, have at it.
  • My views on the military are based off the experiences that I have with guys who "shoot" and were in the military. I didn't call out military, someone used the military background as some sort of call to authority to showcase that they had that skillset. It's like saying because you have a drivers license you can race at Monaco. You have passed one bar, congrats. It's just not a high bar. Now, if you said you were a USPSA grand master, then it would be a different story. If you said you were a former Delta guy, it would again be a different story.
  • I've owned, and do own, many different brands of pistols, from Glock, to S&W, HK to Sig. My first pistol was a gift from pops, a hi-point in .40, it was a royal piece of garbage. I speak from the experience I have, and those who are much much better than I am.
So, I can at least make attempts to defend my points. I speak from experience, both personal hands on, in person lectures, and online/DVD stuff. I am giving my opinion based off a solid POV. You are coming here to defend your crap decisions and getting angry that someone else is pointing them out as crap.

I understand I'm not winning you over, that's fine. I either came out too strong initially or you just didn't have an open mind to begin with, it doesn't matter either way because we won't convince each other. What I do hope, is that anyone who reads this can see my reasoning for doing/not doing something and at least take it into consideration. Your defense of poor decisions without any reasoning except "people can do what they want" adds no value to the conversation. Obviously people can do whatever they want, that is why people make both intelligent and stupid decisions. I am attempting to provide strong reasoning for why to do, or not do certain things.

I understand that the internet offers no tone, and I'll admit fully that I may have added a bit too much snark to this message but I'll state that my intent here is to share a POV based off a lot of study and hands on experience. Take it for what you will, or don't but I will not "give it a rest" as I feel strongly against this magnet as an option for vehicle carry. Although, if an admin comes in and kicks me out, I guess I'll be forced too…
At least we can agree on one thing....HK is where it's at...

2001WS6

Reaction score
At least we can agree on one thing....HK is where it's at...
Definitely! :p

00ewHud.jpg

IndyRamMega

Reaction score
Definitely! :p

00ewHud.jpg
I finally scored a USP 357 sig to complete my one of every caliber USP collection...have a few doubles but that 357 was a bear to get and took me a couple years to find an acceptable piece....

UglyViking

Reaction score
Always wanted to pickup a usp tac just for the cool factor. I've been a big fan of the grips on the new hk options, the vp9 was a close call for a daily but ended up with a glock 19 as the daily since so many of my buddies carry it's good interoperability. That vp9 has a great grip feeling to it, good angle, the trigger is pretty solid for a stock trigger too.

My buddy was able to snag a hk p7, which sounded super cool but damn was it rough, not something I'd want to rely on.

2001WS6

Reaction score
Always wanted to pickup a usp tac just for the cool factor. I've been a big fan of the grips on the new hk options, the vp9 was a close call for a daily but ended up with a glock 19 as the daily since so many of my buddies carry it's good interoperability. That vp9 has a great grip feeling to it, good angle, the trigger is pretty solid for a stock trigger too.

My buddy was able to snag a hk p7, which sounded super cool but damn was it rough, not something I'd want to rely on.
P7's are super pricey now. I should have bought one for 500 bucks back in the early 2000's

I definitely want to pick up another HK pistol. Probably a HK45 COMPACT

UglyViking

Reaction score
P7's are super pricey now. I should have bought one for 500 bucks back in the early 2000's

I definitely want to pick up another HK pistol. Probably a HK45 COMPACT
Really gotta hand it to hk on their grip design for the modern pistols, they are on point, ergos are great.

Robtheelder

Reaction score
There is no logic, reason or discussion going on here. I choose to move on to other topics. I have provided my input as we all have. Time to move on.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know what's worse. Guys on a gun forum arguing about trucks, or guys on a truck forum arguing about guns.

Wait, I do know.

All joking aside, if the conversation stays civil, as in from post #33 onward civil, it will remain open. If the insults and nastiness return, it's going to be locked. You (all) can make your points without being a total ass.

FWIW, your gun is poop if it's not a 80's DAO/SAO stamped steel slide triple serial W. German Sig P226 sans mud rails.

1639112078647.jpeg

Which means my new P365 striker fire carry is poop.

UglyViking

Reaction score
There is no logic, reason or discussion going on here. I choose to move on to other topics. I have provided my input as we all have. Time to move on.
This isn't an airport, no need to announce your departure ;)

I don't know what's worse. Guys on a gun forum arguing about trucks, or guys on a truck forum arguing about guns.

Wait, I do know.

All joking aside, if the conversation stays civil, as in from post #33 onward civil, it will remain open. If the insults and nastiness return, it's going to be locked. You (all) can make your points without being a total ass.

FWIW, your gun is poop if it's not a 80's DAO/SAO stamped steel slide triple serial W. German Sig P226 sans mud rails.

View attachment 27651

Which means my new P365 striker fire carry is poop.
That is pretty slick! Those things are a bit of a brick, can't imagine having to carry it daily, and to think some guys carried that thing concealed.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
This isn't an airport, no need to announce your departure ;)

That is pretty slick! Those things are a bit of a brick, can't imagine having to carry it daily, and to think some guys carried that thing concealed.

LOL, not a CCW for me. Though the stamped slide guns are a touch lighter in the nose, and VERY well balanced which is what makes them such great shooters.

Some guys carry a weapons light equipped 1911.

I started my carry life with a P229 SAS2 .357SIG. Ugh. Sure, I can blast through barriers and tear a hole in the space time continuum, but that thing was a brick. It's also easier to conceal a P365 for a horizontally challenged guy.

Users who are viewing this thread