Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grid Heater RELAY Recall (new)

unclelala

Reaction score
The build dates dont make sense, it should include a lot of 2021's including mine

Reaction score
Any 2022's get fixed yet?
My dealer in West TN told me yesterday 2023's on the lot are scheduled to get the parts and repair first. A few have been fixed. They have no idea when parts for my 2022 will arrive.

How's that for customer service?
Still waiting on trans dipstick too....

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

We completely how frustrating this recall has gotten for a lot of customers, we do appreciate all of your patience on this. The 13A: Grid Heater Relay will be releasing on April 4th. These are all done in phases, starting with the 2023 model year on down. Our team is doing their best trying to get this resolved. We appreciate your cooperation. Should you have any questions or concerns, please send us a PM. Thank you

William
Ram Cares

CaptainMike

Reaction score
Hmm newest to oldest???……same way it went down on the pump recal. Now I bet they don’t count backwards when totaling up the profits. :mad:
I don't disagree with this statement at all. And gosh, imagine the profit they'd be making if they and their suppliers didn't manufacture such garbage. Wishful thinking, I suppose.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nope

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Talked to my dealer this morning and they said I was first to call about it and they expect to start next Tuesday. They have parts for 2023 models and didn’t know if part was different from 22 -23

Aero_Dave

Reaction score
FYI, my buddies 2020 Ram 2500 CTD just went up-in-flames! Yesterday morning, 3 minutes after leaving his house. It was only 36 out and no delay when starting the truck.
His truck had been having issues with no delay in starting on cold days & it was 'Supposedly' fixed at the dealer for this issue, 2 weeks ago! Luckily he got what he needed out of the cab in about 30 seconds before he had to bail-out. Complete loss of the truck of course! He's already ordered a new 2023 Longhorn.

Dave...

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
FYI, my buddies 2020 Ram 2500 CTD just went up-in-flames! Yesterday morning, 3 minutes after leaving his house. It was only 36 out and no delay when starting the truck.
His truck had been having issues with no delay in starting on cold days & it was 'Supposedly' fixed at the dealer for this issue, 2 weeks ago! Luckily he got what he needed out of the cab in about 30 seconds before he had to bail-out. Complete loss of the truck of course! He's already ordered a new 2023 Longhorn.

Dave...

Unless it was changed VERY late in the build cycle, the 2020 doesn't use the same solid state relay, they use a solenoid. I haven't seen anyone report a 2020 affected by the relay recall.

I'd suspect dealer workmanship before anything else.

CaptainMike

Reaction score
Unless it was changed VERY late in the build cycle, the 2020 doesn't use the same solid state relay, they use a solenoid. I haven't seen anyone report a 2020 affected by the relay recall.

I'd suspect dealer workmanship before anything else.
Standard question we ask on every vehicle fire run: "Has your car been recently worked on?" I'd swag that 75% of the time the answer was yes.

Users who are viewing this thread