Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Green With Envy: AEV Showed Off New Ram AEV Prospector XL At SEMA:

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Green With Envy: AEV Showed Off New Ram AEV Prospector XL At SEMA:
Making The Ultimate Off-Roading Adventure Heavy Duty...

2020-ram-hd-aev-prospector-skid-plates-1.jpg

Reaction score
Awesome setup, love that colour combo! Only thing I might change is put the 6.4L under the hood.
Really makes me wish Ram would make a Power Wagon "lite" or take the Offroad Package to the next level, rear e-locker, front locker of some sort, maybe a tiny lift, skid plates, etc. Doesn't have to be the rock crawling beast the Power Wagon is, but offers a little more then the offroad package and still retains 75-80% of the payload/towing that a regular HD has. Similar to what Ford's done with the tremor package.

Last edited:

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
Awesome setup, love that colour combo! Only thing I might change is put the 6.4L under the hood.
Really makes me wish Ram would make a Power Wagon "lite" or take the Offroad Package to the next level, rear e-locker, front locker of some sort, maybe a tiny lift, skid plates, etc. Doesn't have to be the rock crawling beast the Power Wagon is, but offers a little more then the offroad package and still retains 75-80% of the payload/towing that a regular HD has. Similar to what Ford's done with the tremor package.
I have a thread for that...please post your ideas and thoughts about it....RAM does take a look here, and are no doubt looking at the Tremor and the 7.3l Furd, and working on the response.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
I love the low volume colors you can get on the Tradesman. And enjoy what AEV has done for the Heavy Duty RAM trucks.

flan

Reaction score
I need that bumper in my life.... I don’t see one listed for the 19s on their site yet.

Distillusion

Reaction score
The AEV builds are spectacular. I just need to cut a bigger hole in my garage...

Stavo

Reaction score
I think most of the 19+ Ram HD parts are concept only at this point, haven't seen a release date for anything yet.
Beyond just AEV, it's interesting to me to see how slow after market parts are hitting the market for the 2019+ HDs. Coming from two Toyota products, 2007 FJ Cruiser (traded in on PW) and 2013 FRS that I'm still tinkering with. The after market was flooded with parts shortly after launch.

Is it a Ram culture thing? Are Ram owners less likely to muck with their vehicles? Is Ram less cooperative with after market vendors pre-launch? Seems odd as Jeep appears to welcome this market with open arms and works with a few before the vehicles even hit the showroom. With the 2019 PW, seemed like vendors didn't have information. I had a difficult time just verifying that certain things would fit from 2018 to 2019. Like no one had the specs.

Anyway, just my observation.

Distillusion

Reaction score
Beyond just AEV, it's interesting to me to see how slow after market parts are hitting the market for the 2019+ HDs. Coming from two Toyota products, 2007 FJ Cruiser (traded in on PW) and 2013 FRS that I'm still tinkering with. The after market was flooded with parts shortly after launch.

Is it a Ram culture thing? Are Ram owners less likely to muck with their vehicles? Is Ram less cooperative with after market vendors pre-launch? Seems odd as Jeep appears to welcome this market with open arms and works with a few before the vehicles even hit the showroom. With the 2019 PW, seemed like vendors didn't have information. I had a difficult time just verifying that certain things would fit from 2018 to 2019. Like no one had the specs.

Anyway, just my observation.
My observation, based only on what I tend to see: I see a lot more modified Ram 1500 series than the heavy duties. I think a lot of the HD trucks are just used more for work than appearance, at least in the rural midwest. Ram also sells far fewer HDs than 1500s. Ram has only recently stepped into the #2 sales position but they still sell only half as many trucks as Ford. That contributes to the slower response for latest gen Ram HDs. Especially offroading mods - most companies target Jeep first, then Ford, and then GM/Chevy, and finally Ram and Toyota.

Users who are viewing this thread