Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gooseneck Hitch Upgrade

TW720HVY

Reaction score
I did a search both here and on YouTube with the hopes of finding some side by side testing and comparisons of the Shocker Hitch and Gen Y goose neck coupler systems. There's plenty of videos talking about them individually, just none with them pulling the same trailer and load.

So my question, for those using these two couplers, what are your thoughts?

rossagge

Reaction score
I use the GenY GN Executive on my 5er. I like it a lot! My 5er loaded is around 14k. The torsion flex on it is great. No bags to air up or down. Could be + or -, but no chucking and feels stable. I also like having a usable bed after unhitching.
Edit: It also seems less complex than the Shocker. The GenY also replaces the kingpin with their own GN KP all in one piece.

Last edited:

TW720HVY

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I do like not having to worry about filling an airbag when the payload changes.

I've only looked into the gooseneck system, one of my concerns is the GenY coupling system, to me it looks a little cumbersome.

rossagge

Reaction score
Not sure which GenY you're looking at, but it's not cumbersome at all. Just drop it on the ball and it auto locks into place. They have two versions, manual and auto lock. To release, you do have to pull the cable and raise the RV off at the same time. That is the only part that can be cumbersome. The cable is long enough to perform that operation simultaneously, as long as your controls are on the front of the RV.

Last edited:

mguebert

Reaction score
Ditto the above statements, I have the Gen Y Executive hitch with the auto coupler and I love it. So easy to hook up and disconnect and tows great. It is somewhat difficult to install (make sure you have lots of help, and locating pin tools) but once it's in, you only have to deal with a 15lb ball. I have the OE puck system on my truck so it's super easy.

Users who are viewing this thread