Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

google map wont talk thru 2020 2500 tradesman

dieselbeef

Reaction score
so the map works fine if its just the hpone..if i bluetooth to the truck..whther thru a usb cable or bluetooth or bot at the same time the voice will not come thru the truck..it quiets the music..and will ameka ding lieka prompt..but will not give the voice navaigation...other phones will work..my previous phone worked....my phone is an se iphone...ifd like to be able to listen to pandora and have the voice navigation interrupt with directions but i cannot for the life of me figure it out...i went thru the sarh and the uconnect stuff..no luck
the phone isnt linked thru uconnect i dont think..hell idk..but i can make and take calls thru the truck no problem...

woody284

Reaction score
Try a different program like Waze and see if it works. Do you have more than one device connected? Is the volume up on both radio and phone? On my 19 I have issues if I have two devices plugged into usb when using the maps.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
The volume may be down on maps. When it comes on to give directions, try turning up the volume. It's different levels between radio and voice guidance. But they are controlled by the same volume controller

dieselbeef

Reaction score
volume is up...it will speak the first direction once its connected..after the first voice direction it will only tone. it will mute and make a prompt noise but not a voice ..turn by turn is on..volume is up..other phones work..but not mine.. none of the other navigation apps work either....

i was thinkin it might be something to do with u connect but other phones work fine..my 5s never had a problem..my new se will not connect....i never made an effort to hook up nor have i ever used the steering wheel uconnect..i just plug in the phone and can make and take call and pandora works fine..

i do have a flashlight charger plugged into the other usb ...but other phones work....was thinking it might be a setting in uconnect or the phone im missing..

i have been trying to fix this for a yr...apple is useless....i genuinely believe its the phone...but warranty a cell phone...lol..impossible

Users who are viewing this thread