Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google assistant Ram app integration

Chemesherpa

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get Google assistant to work with the ram app? I'm trying to use Google assistant to lock my truck but I keep getting the following error "I don't see a vehicle in your account. Please go to www.Ram.com to add an eligible vehicle"

Got a 2022 ram 2500 with 12" uconnect 5.

The ram app on its own works but just not from Google assistant. I linked my ram account with Google successfully... I've also tried unlinking and relinking but nothing has helped.

Oat

Reaction score
I am trying to figure this out as well. I will let you know if I found anything unless you already did and can share how you did it

Oat

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get Google assistant to work with the ram app? I'm trying to use Google assistant to lock my truck but I keep getting the following error "I don't see a vehicle in your account. Please go to www.Ram.com to add an eligible vehicle"

The ram app on its own works but just not from Google assistant. I linked my ram account with Google successfully... I've also tried unlinking and relinking but nothing has helped.
I just ended up calling and I was told its not for our vehicle yet

Chemesherpa

Reaction score
"Yet" I hope that means it's coming... I have an email ticket in so haven't heard back from them yet

Chemesherpa

Reaction score
I was really looking forward to tying it in to my morning work routine to start my truck so it's warmed up when I'm ready to go lol

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I was really looking forward to tying it in to my morning work routine to start my truck so it's warmed up when I'm ready to go lol
Why not use the remote to start it or open the app?

Chemesherpa

Reaction score
Why not use the remote to start it or open the app?
I do. It's just that if it was tied into Google assistant then it could be done automatically within other routines... Definitely not a must have thing but just would've liked to have the option if possible.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I do. It's just that if it was tied into Google assistant then it could be done automatically within other routines... Definitely not a must have thing but just would've liked to have the option if possible.
I have a hard time alowing my phone to do things automatically for me lol

The Rambler

Reaction score

i am having the exact same issues with Alexa. as for using the Ram app, is is slow and unpredictable, I asked it to lock the doors and the button in the app just set there spinning forever, checked on it like and hour later and was still spinning, i could walk out and do it manually at this point!

Oat

Reaction score
I have had only 1 issue since October where it didn't work otherwise it takes about 10 seconds to work any other time. I do know the truck needs cell service from at&t so if you are in a area without it, that could the the issue.

Chemesherpa

Reaction score
Well just wanted to update on this. I just had to renew my ram connected services, the trial expired. I noticed when logging on to my Ram account online that it showed Google assistant to not be linked. Also it showed voice code to be disabled and also had a note about if voice code is not enabled you cannot do any remote commands.

I turned on voice code. I then went to Google and unlinked my Ram account and readded it.
Still same problem.

Refreshed the ram account page, still showed Google assistant as not linked. So I tried Alexa.

Added the skill to Alexa, logged in, etc... Asked it to lock my truck, and it worked after asking me for the code ...

I refreshed my ram account page and it shows Alexa as linked... Google assistant as not linked.

So this problem is specifically with Google assistant.

At this point I'm wondering if it is because my Google account has 2 factor authentication or if there's some problem with RAM and Google assistant... Point is that I cannot get ram to show that Google assistant is linked no matter what I do... But everything works properly with Alexa...

So I know it's not the truck or the cell service at least.

Chemesherpa

Reaction score
And now, I just un linked google assistant and re linked and it seems to be working and I was able to tell it to lock my truck. (And it did)

Although the ram account website still shows Google assistant as not being linked....

Additionally the Google assistant ram feature is reporting all information in metric units (kilometers etc...)

waveslayer

Reaction score
And now, I just un linked google assistant and re linked and it seems to be working and I was able to tell it to lock my truck. (And it did)

Although the ram account website still shows Google assistant as not being linked....

Additionally the Google assistant ram feature is reporting all information in metric units (kilometers etc...)
Resurrecting this old thread. How to you link your accounts? I have been unable to do it

Chemesherpa

Reaction score
Resurrecting this old thread. How to you link your accounts? I have been unable to do it
And to actually link your account you need to download the skill on Alexa or Google and you link from the Alexa or Google, it will ask you to login to your RAM account

waveslayer

Reaction score
Ok I figured it out. Permissions. Thanks for all the help!

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

Users who are viewing this thread