Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going to buy travel. trailer before Jan 1

hutchman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, the stock market was good this year, so I think I'm going to splurge a bit. Probably going to buy one of these two:

or this one......

There are advantages to bothe, but either will work for our usage.

Looking forward to the "tussle" with the sales manager on one of the last business days of the year!

And, I'm not sure why. the links posted differently....

Last edited:

litzdog911

Reaction score
I think you'll be happy with either one. We have a new 2020 280KVS on order with expected delivery in March. Hopefully my 2020 RAM 2500 will arrive before then :)

If you haven't already, be sure to visit the Outdoors RV Forum here http://www.irv2.com/forums/f282/, and the Outdoors RV Owners Group on Facebook.

hutchman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well as sometimes happens, life throws a curve ball...

More later tonight.

ahhhr

Reaction score
Very nice!!!
Its a good time to be shopping for that kind of thing.
I got a great deal on my truck camper in December

Oh - I just realized its still December. Got mine the first week.

hutchman

Staff member
Reaction score
We were traveling about 120 miles to spend a couple of nights with our oldest son and buy a trailer. I am. becoming more and more disabled and have been having real issues entering my truck....but the trailer was an effort to get out and be active.

So this morning I started loading in the truck and after struggling with 3 lightweight bags, it became very clear to me the trailer was out. I am in no way going to be able to do the work needed to simply hook and unhook. I. had real trouble getting in the truck.

So we headed out for the visit and to run errands in the Tri Cities. I stopped to talk to my old friend, who is the General Manager of the local Ram store. We were talking about ways to make it easier for me to get in and out when he said, "I have the perfect solution!". Sitting right in front of his office was a 2020 1500 Limited with air suspension.

It didn'take long..... And in the end it's only money, which you can't take with you.

Pictures later today.

foneguy

Reaction score
just my 2 cents but those two coaches id consider a 2500. I had a 30 ft trailer that weight and although truck did great i wish i had the 2500.

now i have the 2500 ctd and a fifth wheel.... towing is so so much nicer

hutchman

Staff member
Reaction score
just my 2 cents but those two coaches id consider a 2500. I had a 30 ft trailer that weight and although truck did great i wish i had the 2500.

now i have the 2500 ctd and a fifth wheel.... towing is so so much nicer

If you read the message above, you would realize I am not buying any trailer because I am having real trouble getting in my 2500. I traded for the 15500 to allow easier entry/exit.

The new truck is much easier to get in, but it is not meant to tow heavy at all.

And I wonder why anyone who has ever towed heavy would buy a 2500 diesel rather than a 3500 to tow a 5th wheel. Must be a very small one because surely someone with your knowledge wouldn't make that mistake.

Last edited:

oaklandopen

Reaction score
My 2500 gasser can technically out-tow my old 12 3500 Cummins, with essentially identical cab and drivetrain choice. And I had a 5th wheel for that one

foneguy

Reaction score
If you read the message above, you would realize I am not buying any trailer because I am having real trouble getting in my 2500. I traded for the 1500 to allow easier entry/exit.

The new truck is much easier to get in, but it is not meant to tow heavy at all.

And I wonder why anyone who has ever towed heavy would buy a 2500 diesel rather than a 3500 to tow a 5th wheel. Must be a very small one because surely someone with your knowledge wouldn't make that mistake.

no i didnt see that you ran into heath issues, sorry to read that.
as for towing my fiver with 3/4 ton.. payload is well over my hitch and pin weight even at 40 ft!
the trailer weighs a gross of 12000 lbs, well under max for the 19 2500 ctd.

my original plan was the 3500 but the trucks i wanted sold before i could grab it, although there were many others
the options made the truck more than what i wanted to spend, and i dont need all the gizmos.
and the 2500 didnt squat much maybe 2 inches.
now if my pin weight were 1600 lbs yup would have expanded my truck search to out of state for the 3500 ctd

Users who are viewing this thread