Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glitchy UConnect

Josh42

Reaction score
Anybody seen UConnect glitches like in video? I have had this happen about a dozen times over the last 6 months. Only way to fix is shutdown the vehicle and force a reboot. Not sure if I should be asking for a firmware update, or a replacement?

Google Photo Link

RV_Goose

Reaction score
My UConnect 4, 8.4 radio without Nav. I have noticed that when my radio starts up, it tries to connect to my phone before it is ready and will present a black screen. If I turn off my phone's bluetooth, sometimes it will start function and I can turn on the bluetooth. Other times I have had to shut the truck off to restart the radio with my phone bluetooth off. These things occur 1 out of 20 times so far.

Josh42

Reaction score
Took my truck in for software update, it was there for 2 days. They couldn't update the truck because the internet wasn't working... Sigh. There appears to be a way to update through uconnect website on your own, but the website says my software is up to date despite TSB 08-016-21 saying otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread