Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get a 2500 or 3500 Mega Cab with 6.4 Hemi?

NMX779

Reaction score
I wrestled with this same decision for quite some time. I finally opted to go with the diesel 2500 without the mega cab (which is a big hit in towing capacity). My truck is rated for 18K+ towing a similar weight package to yours. Tows easily with excellent performance. Without a load, I'm pulling about 20-22 mpg on the highway. Don't think you'll see that mileage with the Hemi 6.4.

dtsequeira

Reaction score
I don't tow anymore but I carry a slide in camper and went with the 2019 2500 crew cab 6.4 8 speed tradesman. The truck has a payload of 3200 lbs. I owned 2 Duramax diesels prior to this truck my last was a 2011. I finally got sick of dealing with the DEF system and the associated problems and went back to a gasser (haven't owned one since 2000). The 6.4 w/ 8 speed erased any doubt about switching from a diesel to gas truck, it runs so good. I recently completed an unloaded round trip of 700 miles going from sea level to 9000+ feet elevation and back and averaged 16.3 mpg (hand calculated). My 2011 Duramax would get 17-18 on this same trip and my 05' Duramax was the same as the Hemi.

Users who are viewing this thread