Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GEICO mechanical warranty

Scvette

Reaction score
So I called GEICO for a quote and they mentioned a mechanical breakdown warranty option? It sounds like a good option but I was wondering if anyone has had to use it. It’s only like $2 a month added to my premium.

J-J

Reaction score
So I called GEICO for a quote and they mentioned a mechanical breakdown warranty option? It sounds like a good option but I was wondering if anyone has had to use it. It’s only like $2 a month added to my premium.
What does that cover.. I'm going to have to call my insurance company to see if they have that too.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

Scvette

Reaction score
They mentioned that they’re the only company offering it that she new of. She said it covers any breakdown that is not wear related. I know a lot of people are against extended warranty’s but I still get them, I will probably pass getting it on my 2022 Laramie and give the GEICO warranty a try. It’s good for 7 yrs and 100,000 miles. I know the truck has 5 yr/100,000 mile warranty but for $2 dollars a month I’ll get 2 more yrs.
What does that cover.. I'm going to have to call my insurance company to see if they have that too.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

Reactions: J-J

sstoner911

Reaction score
They mentioned that they’re the only company offering it that she new of. She said it covers any breakdown that is not wear related. I know a lot of people are against extended warranty’s but I still get them, I will probably pass getting it on my 2022 Laramie and give the GEICO warranty a try. It’s good for 7 yrs and 100,000 miles. I know the truck has 5 yr/100,000 mile warranty but for $2 dollars a month I’ll get 2 more yrs.

I looked in to this - not sure why I didn't get it. Might have been coverage.

Scvette

Reaction score
I don’t have my truck yet, should be any day now though. Hopefully I get some good info from anyone who has this. For the $2 a month I’ll probably just get it anyway though.

Linked4door

Reaction score
Well worth the money IMHO. Iam sure things have changed in the past 10yrs, but I doubt by that much. It was a very very small department back then. If I had Geico and not USSA I would be all over that MBI.

acuracing

Reaction score
Just checked it out on my policy, it'll be $6/mo to add it. Interesting to know it exists and contemplating including it.

GetLostRob

Reaction score
I have had Geico for years and have run Mechanical Breakdown insurance on all of my vehicles. essentially it kicks in and covers whatever the warranty doesn't. its a great option and much cheaper then an extended warranty. Its the best value in insurance that is out there. I could be paying less for insurance for sure, but no other insurance company offers this kind of peace of mind.

Scvette

Reaction score
That’s what I was wanting to hear. Thanks for the reply.
I have had Geico for years and have run Mechanical Breakdown insurance on all of my vehicles. essentially it kicks in and covers whatever the warranty doesn't. its a great option and much cheaper then an extended warranty. Its the best value in insurance that is out there. I could be paying less for insurance for sure, but no other insurance company offers this kind of peace of mind.

Vr6mole

Reaction score
I use it for windshield replacements. Geico doesn’t offer that unless you do a full comprehensive claim.

GetLostRob

Reaction score
I use it for windshield replacements. Geico doesn’t offer that unless you do a full comprehensive claim.
not for nothing but have you looked at what it cost to run 0 deductible for comprehensive? its super cheap!! i think it added like $100 per year or something like that when i switched it years ago and i will never run a deductible on comprehensive ever again.

Grayson

Reaction score
I don't trust Geico based on 2 prior not at fault claims. One this year where the female driver was charged with driving with a revoked license & no insurance for the 4th time in less than 18 months. I tailed her, police caught her. I basically had to do all the work for GEICO (who I had an active policy with) for them to file a claim and pay on uninsured motorist. They attempted to assign points to me even though the person was caught, it took 3 weeks to get my truck into the body shop.

Linked4door

Reaction score
I don't trust Geico based on 2 prior not at fault claims. One this year where the female driver was charged with driving with a revoked license & no insurance for the 4th time in less than 18 months. I tailed her, police caught her. I basically had to do all the work for GEICO (who I had an active policy with) for them to file a claim and pay on uninsured motorist. They attempted to assign points to me even though the person was caught, it took 3 weeks to get my truck into the body shop.
Claims for the mechanical are handled by a different department than regular auto claims. They are complete different, located in different sections of the building, and managed entirely different. I have seen things specifically excluded get covered since the customer just kept complaining and the mgr was tired of taking to the customer lol.

Grayson

Reaction score
Claims for the mechanical are handled by a different department than regular auto claims. They are complete different, located in different sections of the building, and managed entirely different. I have seen things specifically excluded get covered since the customer just kept complaining and the mgr was tired of taking to the customer lol.

I get it, however based on my experience with them since it is the same company I wouldn't recommend using them.

Porkchopexpress

Reaction score
I would not get Geico insurance after dealing with them on a claim. The collision center told me they are one of the worst insurance companies to deal with. One never really knows how good their insurance is until they have a claim. Just my 2 cents.

Linked4door

Reaction score
I would not get Geico insurance after dealing with them on a claim. The collision center told me they are one of the worst insurance companies to deal with. One never really knows how good their insurance is until they have a claim. Just my 2 cents.
FWIW you are comparing apples and oranges. Even though its rhe same company its handled like two very very different companies. Collision and mechanical are COMPLETELY different when it comes to Geico. I am currently in the collision industry and a former Geico employee. I spent 3 years working in MBI.

I can confirm on the collision side they are a nightmare to deal with, hell even how they treat their employees is ****. Lots of the issues on the collision side negatively impact the body shops but don't impact the customers the same way. Sometimes it actually helps the customer.

The MBI is one of the few things they have going for them. If I didn't have such a bad relationship with the manager of that department I would totally get it on my 2022. It would pay for itself multiple times over.

GetLostRob

Reaction score
like i said i have had them for years, and have made claims multiple times including my wife getting rear ended and 2 seperate hit and runs where the uninsured motorist insurance covered without issue.

Users who are viewing this thread