Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

g56 swap

Greg003

Reaction score
I am going to be swapping a g56 into my early 04 cummins. I have an 05 parts truck can anyone tell me if it will cause issues if I swap the ecm from the 05 into my early 04? Ive also heard that cruise control will not work after the swap but have not found if anyone was able to resolve this issue. any info on the matter is greatly appreciated.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I am going to be swapping a g56 into my early 04 cummins. I have an 05 parts truck can anyone tell me if it will cause issues if I swap the ecm from the 05 into my early 04? Ive also heard that cruise control will not work after the swap but have not found if anyone was able to resolve this issue. any info on the matter is greatly appreciated.

There are substantial wiring differences from 04.0 to 05.

You would be better off to flash your ECM to a manual ECM with something like a Smarty. That should allow you to use OE parts and retrofit CC.

Users who are viewing this thread